Discuss Removing tile adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

JON HUME

Afternoon all, Can I please just canvas you all on the best way to remove old adhesive when removing tiles. Do you have any tips and methods please? new to it all so all advice appreciated. Thanks

Q

Qwerty

In all seriousness, what surface is it?

I tend to use a 4"blade scraper & SDS with chisel attachments

J

JON HUME

I'm just starting out so just looking for advice and tips on various surfaces if you can please?

Q

Qwerty

Plasterboard - Unless the tiles were badly fixed in the first place or tubbed adhesive was used, you can pretty much guarantee that you will have to replace the board rather than just remove the adhesive

Concrete floor - SDS with chisel attachments followed by scraper

Wooden floor - scraper

Plaster walls - SDS if very tough, but usually scraper with new blade will suffice

J

JON HUME

Is there any truth that soaking the adhesive with water makes it easier?
Also I have read that on certain surfaces a wall paper steamer makes it easier??

Q

Qwerty

Plan Tec Tiling - is there a certain scraper/blade you recommend?

Gunlach 4" scraper - as sold by one of our sponsors - @Pro Tiler Tools

Gundlach 100 x 300mm Heavy Duty Deluxe Hand Scraper 18450 | Buy Scrapers for Tiling, Floor Scrapers, Hand Scrapers Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/scrapers-for-tiling-floor-scrapers-hand-scrapers/38377/gundlach-100-x-300mm-heavy-duty-deluxe-hand-scraper-18450

Reply to Removing tile adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks