Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Removing paint from walls in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

baht'at

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Has any one a quick and clean method for removing emulsion from walls as have a feature wall to do in a newly painted and furnished room.

OP
T

Tile Shop

Either a wall scraper or electric sander (with extraction) with a very low grit sheet. I have the same thing to do at the weekend for a kitchen splashback.

What tiles are going up and is it plaster beneath the paint? Cuz if weight is going to be a issue it will be easier to just board it out.

OP
B

baht'at

Thanks for the responses.
It is a through dining kitchen -lounge, so wouldn't be easy to contain the dust even with an extractor on would fancy having to either repaint or pay for the ceiling to be redone due to steam condensing on it.
In the back of my mind I think I was once told by an old timer by covering the paint with a thin coat of tubed https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and left for a while it softens the emulsion and just scrape off( just the floor to protect).
Just wondered if any one new of or had tried it.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You can sponge it down and use a blades scrapper or get a full shroud with bristles and a floor scabbler and a good hoover it does get most of the dust

OP
F

Flintstone

It's easy to remove emulsion, wet sponge wet it up, wipe it over a few times then get a blade scraper from screw fix and it will come off easy peasy

OP
O

One Day

Cleanest easiest way I know if is to get a tub of dirt-cheap rubbish ready mixed https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and spread it all over approx 1mm thick.
Leave it 20 mins and then scrape it off.
It keeps all the paint contained so no dust and an easy(ish) clean-up.

Reply to Removing paint from walls in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock