Discuss Removing old adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

Don't forget your mask!!!

Mandatory_Dust_Mask.png

F

Flintstone

Can somebody tell me what's the point in sanding this adhesive when he needs to over board it anyway ?

O

Old Mod

any reason you can't just apply a thin layer of leveller ?

No, not at all.
I just didn't really read the post correctly Andy, just took Geoff's lead and posted in the same vein. And I didn't realise the thread had got so long either haha just seen all these by you! Oooopsy! :D
Thing is advising someone who's never undertaken things like latexing and building out with adhesives and so on, we have to assume they have the manual skills to perform such operations.
Otherwise they're back complaining in 5 mins flat.
So keeping things simple is sometimes wiser.
Doesn't mean they shouldn't hear other options tho.

Reaction score
Ive got a mask ready, and won't use rapid set, as I don't want the additional pressure of rushing! It's going to be a case of slowly does it.

I realise that the hardiebacker in the shower enclosure will need to be tanked. What are the other options you allude to?

Yes, please keep it simple, as I'm a complete novice. Please provide all advice, even if it may seem obvious to you.

Finally, thanks for all of the replies, I appreciate the time and advice given.

Reaction score
IMG_2067.JPG

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm learning an awful lot (not hard when you're starting from zero!)

Grinder cup was definitely the way to go, but of my god, you weren't lying about the dust!!!

I'll start a new thread for the next phase of the project!

Cheers.

O

Old Mod

Grinder cup was definitely the way to go, but of my god, you weren't lying about the dust!!!

Haha we don't lie, people don't listen. :D

And obviously, you are not included in that statement :)

Well done, glad it worked out for you.

Can't wait for phase two :thumbsup:

Reply to Removing old adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks