Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Regrouting a bathroom.. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

Mgriffy61

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Wanted to spruce up the bathroom tiles after grout starting to go mouldy and in parts has sunk with pin holes in it. tile is about 15 years old.

Tile spacing is about 3-4 mm so decided to rake out the grout down about 4-5 mm as I could get a grout rake in between
the tiles. What a job that was !

First off, is that deep enough ?

Secondly, what do you guys recommend for a novice, first timer, to use to re-grout bearing in mind there is a power shower ? After reading multiple forum threads I understand pre-mixed is out of the question.

Would prefer a smooth grout finish rather than a gritty one if possible.

After watching multiple YouTube videos I think I've got the technique (but we'll have to wait and see :) )

regards

OP
J

John G

Wanted to spruce up the bathroom tiles after grout starting to go mouldy and in parts has sunk with pin holes in it. tile is about 15 years old.

Tile spacing is about 3-4 mm so decided to rake out the grout down about 4-5 mm as I could get a grout rake in between
the tiles. What a job that was !

First off, is that deep enough ?

Secondly, what do you guys recommend for a novice, first timer, to use to re-grout bearing in mind there is a power shower ? After reading multiple forum threads I understand pre-mixed is out of the question.

Would prefer a smooth grout finish rather than a gritty one if possible.

After watching multiple YouTube videos I think I've got the technique (but we'll have to wait and see :) )

regards

Reply to Regrouting a bathroom.. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock