Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Refurbishing en-suite with new shower cubical & retiling honeycomb plasterboard wall in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

W

Waluigi

Please checkout the following advertisement.
If it’s a proper stone resin tray then you won’t be screwing anything to it. I’d use the stick on pads. Screwfix sell the quadrant kit with plinth for £30

I tend to prime the underside of the tray with a tile primer and then stick my pads to the tray.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank, it is Pearlstone stone resin tray which is quite rough (not smooth) and the manufacturer recommends screwing the legs to the tray. Would the sticky pads secure to the rough surface? I am also going to use the wooden batten under the tray on the wall side, as i always have a concern on point (legs) loading.

W

Waluigi

I’m sorry I don’t know, I’ve never installed a pearlstone tray.

I had no idea you could drill into shine resin trays as every single stone tray I’ve fitted you wouldn’t be able to. It sounds like some brands are different.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I think these trays use the m8 bolt in legs.
Not my personal preference as they normally only rely on 4.
Much prefer the stick on.

S

Spare Tool

Can't remember the last time I used a leg kit, prefer to make a frame from 3x2" topped off with 18mm ply glued and screwed, fix tray into a bed of rapidset, tile to front of plinth..

W

Waluigi

I try to get over it as best I can and try to get it on the deck. The Wirquin Shower waste helps. Usually it’s the McAlpine metal grid but the Wirquin is so thin it helps loads.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I do prefer legs as you can give them a turn or two more after the silicone has cured.

OP
D
Reaction score
It is a Pearlstone tray and base is as shown in the attached photos. The shower tray riser kit as per the link below and definitely says the legs can be screwed into the tray. I will be adding extra legs.
Shower Tray Riser Kits - https://www.ergonomicdesigns.co.uk/shower-trays/shower-tray-riser-kits.html

IMG_20181201_235046[1].jpg IMG_20181201_235120[1].jpg IMG_20181201_235108[1].jpg IMG_20181201_235120[1].jpg

Reply to Refurbishing en-suite with new shower cubical & retiling honeycomb plasterboard wall in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock