Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Red Gloss Floor Tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

L

lualua

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,
I am looking to tile my kitchen floor but I can't find red gloss floor tiles anywhere. Why do they not exist! Does anyone know where I can find them?
I love the Red Quartz Tiles but as they are not suitable with UFH I'm not too sure about having them as I would like UFH in the kitchen.
Louise

NWTiles

TF
Reaction score
Quartz can have UFH fitted to it as long as nothing is placed directly on top of it I.e the cupboards or a fridge so the main areas can be heated.

To fit the tiles your best using bal PTB with AD1

OP
L

lualua

Hi,
My heart is now definitely set on the red quartz.
I'm torn between risking the UFH, as so many websites don't recommend it, and going with insulation boards under the tiles and a good pair of slippers!

Thanks for your advice, if I could collect some more positive reviews about UFH and red quartz tiles I may be persuaded.

NWTiles, is it only a certain brand or quality that you would recommend?

OP
T

Tile Shop

There are only a very small handful of quartz factories that will guarantee their products on UFH. These are the conditions..... Not water fed systems, it has to be 150w electric, with 10mm SLC seperating it, then a decoupler, tiles fitted on top with a low water content https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ (BAL PTB and AD1 above is a good shout) and set to a temp no higher than 27 degrees.

Hardly seems worth it and personally, I wouldn't want to take the risk, although others have and never had a problem with tiles ending up as curved as a skateboard deck.......... but there's still time!

Esha Stone is one factory (in India), and they are currently supplying Topps. 92%/8% Quartz to Resin. Get them to confirm suitability for you before you take the plunge!

Reply to Red Gloss Floor Tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock