Discuss Recommended cutter for 1200mm porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Bill

I still have not managed to snap off a <15mm length off a 600mm porc with my sigmas using the breaker. I can using snips but to do it with the breaker would be quicker and that is the holy grail for a tile cutter.

I can, of course, keep ripping tiles in half like the videos but that doesn't help when I need 15mm taking off a full tile.

I never understand why they bother with those rip vids.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I still have not managed to snap off a <15mm length off a 600mm porc with my sigmas using the breaker. I can using snips but to do it with the breaker would be quicker and that is the holy grail for a tile cutter.

I can, of course, keep ripping tiles in half like the videos but that doesn't help when I need 15mm taking off a full tile.

I’ve asked if I can return mine since I’ve only tried to snap 3 tiles.. I hate it. Probably because I don’t know how to use it properly but I still hate it.

I

Italy

sincerely speaking, I do not have a big sigma. ( only a 100 that I never use)
I prefer battipav :)
sorry for the ot

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Do you use a grinder or wetsaw instead? How do you deal with those cuts?

I

Italy

what model do you have?
with my I can cut.

B

Bill

Do you use a grinder or wetsaw instead? How do you deal with those cuts?
I want to be able to cut a <15mm strip off a full tile using the breaker .... (and throw the 15mm strip away cause I will never need it)

I can get a <15mm strip off a full tile but it involves other tools.

Can't remember the last time I needed a small rip for a job.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Stick at it, when I got my Sigma I hated it and thought I'd wasted £300 but I didn't have the feel for it and wasn't using it properly and missed my (don't laugh) big clinker.

D

Dumbo

I’ve asked if I can return mine since I’ve only tried to snap 3 tiles.. I hate it. Probably because I don’t know how to use it properly but I still hate it.
So you have tried 3 times and written it off . You didn't have to take Robert the Bruce so literally "If at first you don't succeed try try again " I think what he meant was keep trying

Reply to Recommended cutter for 1200mm porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks