Discuss Recommendations- The best knee pads??? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Bought these a few weeks ago, posted on another page.
My opinion.
Hello again fellas, bit of feed back for you.
Been using my old pads until they wore out since buying the Toughbuilds.
Been doing 150x75mm wall tiles in a small bathroom in an old cottage, no room, part half tiled with a silly amount of separate faces and bundles of trim.
Used the hard shell clip ons.
Took ages to get them to clip onto the base pad, and unsure if they all pushed on properly.
As soon as I knelt down, my knee rolled very easily, and after twenty minutes, the edge of the pad at the top was pin pointing alot of weight on my knee cap as they won't sitting high enough. I decided to give them time to wear in and mould to my knees. A couple of hours later they we're still uncomfortable.
I took them off to check I had them on the correct left or right leg.
Both were, and noticed they felt more like a foam pad than a gel pad.
After showering the next morning I noticed my the back of my legs we're very sensite from the straps rubbing, once again, I decided to give them a chance to wear in, and give them another day. Thinking over tightening may have caused the rubbing and bad positioning, I loosened the straps a bit more than yesterday.
Nothing much improved today, and one of the clip ons fell off whilst visiting Screwfix.
Got home tonight and checked my legs whilst changing out of work clothes, this is what I found.
20180201_175142.jpg
20180314_210017.jpg 20180314_205821.jpg 20180314_210001.jpg

L

LM

My opinion.
Been doing 150x75mm wall tiles in a small bathroom in an old cottage, no room, part half tiled with a silly amount of separate faces and bundles of trim.
Took ages to get them to clip onto the base pad, and unsure if they all pushed on properly.
As soon as I knelt down, my knee rolled very easily, and after twenty minutes, the edge of the pad at the top was pin pointing alot of weight on my knee cap as they won't sitting high enough. I decided to give them time to wear in and mould to my knees. A couple of hours later they we're still uncomfortable.
After showering the next morning I noticed my the back of my legs we're very sensite from the straps rubbing, once again, I decided to give them a chance to wear in, and give them another day. Thinking over tightening may have caused the rubbing and bad positioning, I loosened the straps a bit more than yesterday.
Nothing much improved today, and one of the clip ons fell off whilst visiting Screwfix.
Got home tonight and checked my legs whilst changing out of work clothes, this is what I found. View attachment 97485 View attachment 97486 View attachment 97487 View attachment 97488
That’s nasty

L

LM

My opinion.
Got home tonight and checked my legs whilst changing out of work clothes, this is what I found. View attachment 97485 View attachment 97486 View attachment 97487 View attachment 97488
Have you tried Fento knee pads?

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
We use Kunys about Diece pounds on fleabay. Got a trapped nerve once don't like tight straps. Last about a month.

Reaction score
I use the alpro pads but got annoyed with them falling off and movin around,so went and got me some fento pro. These were comfy and light but not as well cushioned as the alpro , so took out the straps from the fentos (which you can buy separate) stuck em in the alpro, now perfect. Comfy and stay in place all day. Win Win!!

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I use the alpro pads but got annoyed with them falling off and movin around,so went and got me some fento pro. These were comfy and light but not as well cushioned as the alpro , so took out the straps from the fentos (which you can buy separate) stuck em in the alpro, now perfect. Comfy and stay in place all day. Win Win!!
Love your style, straps are far too loose on Alpros, plus once they become warn they become too coarse to use for grouting on sensitive tiles, so really need two pairs.
If only I was female and able to use "yarn and thread" to tighten the Alpro straps.

Reply to Recommendations- The best knee pads??? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks