Discuss Recommendations for suppliers (marble/limestone floor tiles) in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere to get some marble/limestone floor tiles from? I got some good advice here after my bathroom tiling disaster and was hoping for some advice to avoid a repeat!

I like this Belgravia Honed Marble from Mandarin Stone (but was disappointed by the quality of the travertine I got from them for my bathroom).

Cheers for any advice :beercheers:

C

Concrete guy

Do an online search for Crema Marfil and look for a Spanish sourced product.

As a general rule of thumb, the cleaner the stone, the less veins and natural vents and inclusions the more disproportionately expensive it will become.

For the purity of stone in the image you linked to you're not going to be paying less than £150 sq/m and I'd be surprised of the Mandarin stone product actually looked like the image.

If you want something that clean and consistent you're better of with a Porcelain replica which will be cheaper to fit, easier to maintain and keep it's appearance substantially longer. It also won't require a daily maintenance routine to keep it looking great.

The beauty of stone and marble in particular is the inclusions, the inconsistencies, the shades, colours, fossils etc. If you want purity and consistency go with man made, particularly for flooring.

Reply to Recommendations for suppliers (marble/limestone floor tiles) in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks