Discuss Recommendations for Porcelain nippers in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

can anyone recommend some decent nippers that can withstand porcelain. Not the mosaic type with two round blades on the end, but the more traditional type. Also who else uses nippers still in this world of power tools ?

H

hmtiling

can anyone recommend some decent nippers that can withstand porcelain. Not the mosaic type with two round blades on the end, but the more traditional type. Also who else uses nippers still in this world of power tools ?
I use them all the time still. Taking the spring off being first port of call

F

Flintstone

I have two pair, one red and black handle, one yellow and black handle but i don’t know the brands. Maybe genesis and Rubi? Anyway both the nipper tips have chipped away terribly. I used to be a no spring fan then I got some with good springs and I prefer that, once the spring softens up

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The pincers you are describing are not made for porcelain tiles
they are mosaic pincers and as such should not be used for porcelain
and when they break you wonder why. Don't get me wrong we all
are all guilty myself included but they are a bit too fragile for this

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
images

Have you tried these, Rubi, specifically for porcelain

S

Spare Tool

The Rubi nippers are decent Andy, they sell them in tile giant now sure they were less than £15 with discount card, got a pair a couple of weeks ago..

Q

Qwerty

Andy, I know you said not the ones with the wheels on but the Montolit ones are fantastic. Had a go with them a few weeks ago and was very impressed

Montolit Crab Nips For Porcelain, Glass & Mosaic Tile Nippers 33W - https://www.*******************/product/montolit-crab-nips-for-porcelain--glass---mosaic-tile-nippers-33w

Reply to Recommendations for Porcelain nippers in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks