Discuss Recolouring grout advice pleaseee in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Crumbs

Hi guys,

ive done a large section of a bathroom with mapei ultracolour white grout. The grout is not white at all and i never knew there were different grades of white - now i am left with walls with light grey joins. Though i think its more showing up due to how white the tiles are. I was considering re grouting the lot but i think this is going to be to much work removing the old stuff.

I need to seal the grout still, i heard of a product where you can re colour the grout and seal at the same time, any recommendations would be appreciated? :cool:

Do these products merely put a layer of something on top or is it designed to soak into the existing porous grout?

Cheers

M

MTiler

Mapei do a grout colourant in all their grout colours called Fuga Fresca, very easy to use. Theyre like an acrylic paint.

J

john56897452

Lots of complaints on screwfix about Mapei white grout being anything but white.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Always need to use extra fine grout if you want brilliant white. With Mapei you would have needed to use their SF or FF Keracolour.

Reply to Recolouring grout advice pleaseee in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks