Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Random tiles percentage in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Morning guys. I am after a bit of advice. My client is having 200 x 100 tiles in brick pattern and is going to put some blue tiles in with the white. Is there a certain percentage per m2 of random tiles and is there a technique to outing them in randomly?

Thanks for your help in advance

W

WetSaw

The clue is there.... "Random". If you start planning it's not random anymore! If the client wants that then they have to decide what is acceptable to them.

OP
L
Reaction score
Client looked at me funny when I said to stick it.

Now another bit of advice, levelled brick tiles. I guess the trim will be for the size of the edge which is 4mm and not the thickest part which is 7mm.

Cheers chaps

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Client looked at me funny when I said to stick it.

Now another bit of advice, levelled brick tiles. I guess the trim will be for the size of the edge which is 4mm and not the thickest part which is 7mm.

Cheers chaps

No.............. the trim should be for the thickest part. An 8mm trim will be good.

I've never seen a 4mm trim!

Q

Qwerty

Guys, I think the OP is suggesting ending the top row of tiles with the trim so the top edge of the full tile has the trim on, therefore the 4mm edge will need say a 6mm trim (allowing for https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/). I only assumed this as he said 'levelled' brick tiles.

Neither I nor the OP ever mentioned anything about using a 4mm trim.

Obviously if it is a cut tile, then your thoughts of a thicker trim apply which is common sense. If this is the case, it will serve me right for assuming it was just a top run of trim! :D:rolleyes:

D

Dumbo

I really dislike these tiles I never think they look good when they'e finished . I don' know why people don' have flat ones . A much better finish .
Or maybe it's just my limited abilities .

Reply to Random tiles percentage in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock