Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Random photo from your day in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
W

WetSaw

Please checkout the following advertisement.
20181211_153316.jpg

OP
D

Dumbo

20181208_074931.jpg
oh that's a shame I didn't realise I wasn't meant to put my tile off cuts here . Going to have to go and find another lane that I am allowed to put them in .

Raccus

TF
Reaction score
View attachment 98790

So I'm final fixing and I get to the free standing bath, I've fitted the fanny trap

Macten, im contemplating fitting a trap like that on a bath. Any feedback on how they compare to normal bath traps, mostly in terms of blocking/easy of cleaning. Also for my bath install, i can either have the trap above floor, or can set bath lower (preferable) but then trap needs to go at least part below floor (not preferable!) Is that a definite no no to have trap disappearing under or under floor? Does one need to get access to traps? Would make sense to be able to, but what makes me doubt is that for showers, theres no way thats happening without lifting up the tray, and no way thats really happening without destroying the place, and presumably that doesnt happen too much, else there would be some other way to do them.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Macten, im contemplating fitting a trap like that on a bath. Any feedback on how they compare to normal bath traps, mostly in terms of blocking/easy of cleaning. Also for my bath install, i can either have the trap above floor, or can set bath lower (preferable) but then trap needs to go at least part below floor (not preferable!) Is that a definite no no to have trap disappearing under or under floor? Does one need to get access to traps? Would make sense to be able to, but what makes me doubt is that for showers, theres no way thats happening without lifting up the tray, and no way thats really happening without destroying the place, and presumably that doesnt happen too much, else there would be some other way to do them.

Every plumber I know uses fanny traps on those type baths - allows you to have it sat on the floor and the trap not foul the floor. Just make sure your connection is bullet proof and fill the bath a decent way up and open the plug to leak test it and send a good high pressure slug of water through it (don't just turn the tap on!) If there is a leak you will know immediately as it has no where to go as you haven't sunk a trap through a hole in the floor.

Reply to Random photo from your day in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock