Discuss Quick Introduction New Member in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

paul3944

Hi All,

My name is Paul and I thought I would introduce myself to the forum. Left the Army last year after 22 years which prior to that I trained as Joiner.

Done some tiling in the past and have done a course to refresh my skills as part of my Army resettlement. I've also booked onto a BAL and Schluter course to broaden my knowledge. Got a mate who's a time served tiler so will be doing a bit of labouring as well!

Great forum btw!!
Regards
Paul

B

Blunt Tool

Hi All,

My name is Paul and I thought I would introduce myself to the forum. Left the Army last year after 22 years which prior to that I trained as Joiner.

Done some tiling in the past and have done a course to refresh my skills as part of my Army resettlement. I've also booked onto a BAL and Schluter course to broaden my knowledge. Got a mate who's a time served tiler so will be doing a bit of labouring as well!

Great forum btw!!
Regards
Paul
Your joinery experience will come in handy, good luck with the courses :thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Great forum btw!!
Regards
Paul
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for signing up. We used to get loads of resettlement guys on here when the government did more for the lads by way of grants and things but I'm not sure they still accept tiling as part of the grant thing these days. Not sure.

How are you finding the forum so far?

P

paul3944

Hi Dan,
Yes you are quite right, the Army will only pay for a course that awards a Level 3 Qualification or higher so a lot of the building trade courses have lost out. Although a lot of centres run a Installers course (bathroom and kitchens etc) which awards a certificate of attendance....

Great forum with lots of info that you just can't get via courses.

Regards
Paul

Reply to Quick Introduction New Member in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks