Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Protection For Doorstep Mosaic Insert in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

A

All Squared Rob

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello all, a potential client of mine has had a gorgeous mosaic made up on 6mm hardiebacker (picture attached) that she would like me to put in the center of her front doorstep and tile around.
It looks lovely but very fragile and there are some tiles that are sticking up and look very prone to boots catching etc.
I am looking for a product, like a clear lacquer or varnish, that i can use to pour/apply onto it that will harden to provide protection from foot traffic and the British winter but yet be completely clear/transparent.

Any ideas anyone?

Rob

20151203_182101.jpg

OP
A

All Squared Rob

Good question! Mostly ceramic tiles with some glass and the grout. I have just emailed the customer to confirm.

OP
P

p4ulo

What about a clear fibreglass resin poured onto the top?
Try your local fibreglass stockist to see if they can help....
The only trouble I can see, is that anything you put on it would be liable to scratching itself?

Reaction score
I had a customer ask me to lay 2000yr old sirian tiles inside the house at the front door.This is the advice they got.Those tiles will not last 5 min under heavy
foot traffic best you stick them on the wall on a plaque or something,which they did.Need I say more.

OP
A

All Squared Rob

Jimthetiler makes a good point, that won't last with foot wear...
The person that did it assures my client that they havnt had one break up yet. Besides I only need to guarantee my tile around it not the actual mosaic

Reply to Protection For Doorstep Mosaic Insert in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock