Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Project Sigma 9P in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Always liked the idea of restoration of vehicles and dabbled a while ago with a BMW 1000. Thats long gone but I was wanting something to tinker with over the winter and then I saw a Sigma 9P on Ebay . It was a year 2000 model so quite old but made a bid and I won it for less tan I intended to go.
Anyway it arrived today and after stripping it down and making a list of parts needed, splash guard and knife , also the water bath. .... Its not in bad condition at all and I would say its done very little work. I have started it up and the motor is a lot quieter than a Plasplugs cutter I have and quieter than the Dewalt.
Not sure how far I will go with the rebuild yet but it will be used as it should.
Pics to follow :thumbsup:

OP
P

Peter

Spied a 10M on Gumtree and he accepted my cheeky offer after some hard negotiating. Gave it a day's work today to see what it could do but going to try and give it a tidy up over Christmas.

20131206_152807.jpg

OP
P

Peter

Where did you source your parts from? Think the main outlay would be a stand, and there's a lug broken off the square so will probably replace that too. Other than that I don't think it needs many parts. Didn't do a great paint finish on the 10L bridge saw so think I will leave the bare chassis in to someone who knows what their doing. Must get a diagram off Derek so I know how to put everything back together again. :lol:

Brute of a saw, no matter how hard you push a tile (or two stacked) into it it keeps cutting without bogging down.

OP
G

Gazzer

I had a few parts from Diatech but found Tiletown to be cheaper so had stuff from them too.
I think i have the 10M parts list somewhere

OP
G

Gazzer

At last the final part arrived today and is on the machine, I hope to get some cuts done tomorrow and try it out ! :drool5:

OP
G

Gazzer

Right actually found time to start the Sigma 9P up and cut a few tiles. Lounge dark grey tiles were used and the results were fine. Once again though the new Sigma 86c wheel will need a bedding in period but the finish was as good as the Montolit wheel I used on the Dewalt DW24000 recently. What I did find was that the motor on the Sigma 9P is as expected not as powerful a the Dewalt. aying that it breezed through the tiles .
I did find that while using it I didnt get covered in water spray but there was more on the floor than i am used to , something I will bare in mind whe using it on a job.
sigma 11.jpg sigma 22.jpg sigma 33.jpg sigma 44.jpg

OP
J

jonnyc

here is a picture of Frankeinsteins wet saw , its has got to be nearly 20 years old ,I have had it since 1996 when Ray tt gave it to me in payment for working the weekend at worlds end tiles in Battersea tile a showroom floor there , new parts are new switch the most expensive switch ever (£150 ish pounds), new wheel bearings in the sliding tray , new knobs on the blade cover , new rubber matting on the sliding tray new water plug , hand painted with red hammerite paint ans it was really rusty , I am making a runner guides from ptfe for the sliding tray to keep it cutting square , not a patch of your saw Neale but it is a beast of a saw with a 3hp motor
i remember having a similar saw that i bought from diamant boart.
thought it was great till i bought the norton clipper over head rail and luckily managed to sell it to another paris ceramic reccomended tiler .
he used it for another 8 years till he emigrated to aussie and loved it.
at that time these wre the only portable saws for stone i think apart from plunge saws.

Reply to Project Sigma 9P in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock