Discuss Project Sigma 9P in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

I have been asked how much this has cost, I havent actually been taking notes but its roughly as follows
Actual cutter from Ebay £82,
Riving knife, Blade guard/bolt and Water tray from Diatech, £38.70
Fixed Square £39.31 from TileTown
Various nuts bolts and washers etc in Stainless steel £10 from Ebay but I had to buy lots more than I needed !
Paint £20 Halfrauds Vauxhall Pastel Blue and grey primer.

I wont include the price of the Sigma 86c wheel that TradeTiler supplied as I censider it a part that would need replacing from time to time anyway plus when I bought the cutter it came with a still servicable wheel anyway.
Only one part missing and its done....Total spend minus wheel to date is ....£190.01 which is very good for a class cutter that will serve me well for a long time.

I

Ian

I have been asked how much this has cost, I havent actually been taking notes but its roughly as follows
Actual cutter from Ebay £82,
Riving knife, Blade guard/bolt and Water tray from Diatech, £38.70
Fixed Square £39.31 from TileTown
Various nuts bolts and washers etc in Stainless steel £10 from Ebay but I had to buy lots more than I needed !
Paint £20 Halfrauds Vauxhall Pastel Blue and grey primer.

I wont include the price of the Sigma 86c wheel that TradeTiler supplied as I censider it a part that would need replacing from time to time anyway plus when I bought the cutter it came with a still servicable wheel anyway.
Only one part missing and its done....Total spend minus wheel to date is ....£190.01 which is very good for a class cutter that will serve me well for a long time.

That's a bargain for a cutter that's £900 quid to buy new.

G

Gazzer

Oh I forgot I replaced the ribbed rubber mat on the sliding table at the cost of £4.48.

Also big thanks to Derek @SigmaUK for the exploded diagrams, Twitter and PM messages and a phone call.

G

Gazzer

Yes Derek, I have started it up and it sounds so smooth but wont be cutting anything until its completely done. ..........Now scouring Ebay for a 10M.......fat chance , they dont die ! :lol:

S

Spud

you have done a marvellous job on that Neale , I am going to do a few bits to frankie tomorrow and will take some pictures, its not a patch on what you have achieved with your sigma

G

Gazzer

Oooooh dont forget the Stickers Derek, gotta have a bit of Sigma color branding on there :thumbsup::lol:

S

Sigma UK

Yes Derek, I have started it up and it sounds so smooth but wont be cutting anything until its completely done. ..........Now scouring Ebay for a 10M.......fat chance , they dont die ! :lol:

You might find one but not for £82! We get asked all the time if we can supply used "demo" models to stores cheaper just to show customers how they work but seeing as we never get anything back they all have to buy new ones. They think I'm winding them up when I say nothing comes back.

J

jonnyc

brilliant job neale
could you bring either of these back to life!!!
sigma 10m about 15 years old i think .
alumanta 100

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 250
G

Gazzer

Had a nice phone call from SigmaUk tonight to say that the last part required is on its way ....awesome stuff :thumbsup:....wont be long now until I can get it dirty:incazzato: .....nah think i will have it chrome plated next time ! :lol:

S

Spud

here is a picture of Frankeinsteins wet saw , its has got to be nearly 20 years old ,I have had it since 1996 when Ray tt gave it to me in payment for working the weekend at worlds end tiles in Battersea tiling a showroom floor there , new parts are new switch the most expensive switch ever (£150 ish pounds), new wheel bearings in the sliding tray , new knobs on the blade cover , new rubber matting on the sliding tray new water plug , hand painted with red hammerite paint ans it was really rusty , I am making a runner guides from ptfe for the sliding tray to keep it cutting square , not a patch of your saw Neale but it is a beast of a saw with a 3hp motor

Attachments

• 20131201_081209.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 20131201_081218.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 127
  • 20131201_081226.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 193
  • 20131201_081237.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 20131201_081230.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 20131201_090844.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 119
G

Gazzer

Cheers Gary, bit of a monster saw that :thumbsup: . Something like that I wouldnt mind doing up for fun. Cant see me doing it with the newer models though .
I am a big fan of the sliding bed type cutters myself.

S

Spud

its a Rubi saw Jonny but after much research I dont think Rubi actually manufactured it as a lot of the early machines were made under liscense and branded rubi , I was told many years ago by a rubi rep i havent used this cutter on a job for over 3 years now , I still need a few new bits and it will be ready for work again

Reply to Project Sigma 9P in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks