Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss problem with new plaster in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia

paddy

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi all
can anyone solve a problem for me I've recently tiled some new bathrooms only to discover 3 months later they've started to Dr bond off the walls
it was new plaster and I primed the walls with sbr and used powdered flexible https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ so it's left me at a loss to what I've done wrong
any advice would be most welcome

OP
P

paddy

TF
Reaction score
2 weeks I'm kind of thinking it was wet plaster as it was in the middle of the really cold spell this winter

W

Waluigi

Was it a float and set or skim coat. Float and set needs much longer than two weeks.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Should of been left for at least 6/7 weeks longer if no heating......or I would of used a dehumidifier...

OP
P

paddy

TF
Reaction score
it was 2 coat plaster and like I said earlier in the middle of the really cold spell so it looks like it was tiled too early

W

Waluigi

Why did you tile on to paint?

Also, you say 2 skim coat. You’re talking about a standard skim up in two stages with no Bonding or Hardwall involved?

OP
P

paddy

TF
Reaction score
I tiled on to a painted wall because the div of a decorated painted it but my main concern is wet plaster and yes standard 2 coat skim onto boards

Reply to problem with new plaster in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock