Discuss Pricing Varying tile types. in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Spencer

TF
Reaction score
Hi everyone and good morning
I’m in Stamford in Lincolnshire and wanting an idea of current prices? It’s an affluent area and general per metre is £35 for ceramics 30 x 30 with adhesive and grout as a pointer. It’s the Natural Stone I need a better idea of , as well as wood effect planks and small tiles. As designs are changing daily. Thanks to you all in advance

O

Old Mod

Hi Spencer, unfortunately prices are not discussed in an open forum.
For the very reason that you’re asking this question.
Mainly regional differences, eg if one client sees a price for natural stone at £35m2 and then gets quoted £70 problems arise.
They won’t want to appreciate the £35 is a price in an area that is less affluent with a cheaper cost of living, and will totally ignore the fact that they live in Mayfair. It protects tilers from these sorts of issues.
And after all, there are no standard rates set for the industry, so it’s every man for himself.
Most work to the rule of how long it will take, and how much do they need to earn in that period.
Believe in yourself and don’t sell yourself short.

D

Dumbo

My opinion on that is if you'e happy at the prices you are stating for that work just work out extra time and any extra costs (stone sealer) and then you have your price . Also I never price all in . I charge labour and I charge materials . If you charge all in some customers think you are making a fortune where a large chunk is going on materials that they don' realise .

Spencer

TF
Reaction score
Thanks guys, best bit of common sense I’ve heard on this from various social media posts.
Really appreciate your advice. I like the fact that it is kept to each individuals choice. I certainly believe in my ability. JCr your comment on charging for labour and materials makes good sense too.....but it’s a trend most customers around here mention. I believe I can utilise this to my advantage. Very grateful guys.

D

Dumbo

Thing is if someone is using topps trade and someone else is using kerakoll biogel they don't compare performance or price .

Reply to Pricing Varying tile types. in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks