Discuss Premade shower niche too big in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mike Francisco

I installed a premade shower niche that is tile ready in my wall. The way the tile fall there will be a real little sliver of tile along the edge. So the niche is too big (sorry I wrote to small in the title). The directions say to tile right to it. So can I make the box smaller by apply some thinset to the inside side wall and then added a piece of leftover hardibacker board and then on top of that. That will give me an extra 1/2 to 3/4 inch of tile width. I don't want to screw the hardibacker into the side of the premade niche. With the thinset with some mesh tape around the corner be enough to hold it in place? Thanks

Q

Qwerty

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

Yes, your plan sounds just fine. I have amended the title

Reply to Premade shower niche too big in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks