Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Premade shower niche too big in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Mike Francisco

Mike Francisco Active Member

I installed a premade shower niche that is tile ready in my wall. The way the tile fall there will be a real little sliver of tile along the edge. So the niche is too big (sorry I wrote to small in the title). The directions say to tile right to it. So can I make the box smaller by apply some thinset to the inside side wall and then added a piece of leftover hardibacker board and then on top of that. That will give me an extra 1/2 to 3/4 inch of tile width. I don't want to screw the hardibacker into the side of the premade niche. With the thinset with some mesh tape around the corner be enough to hold it in place? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

Yes, your plan sounds just fine. I have amended the title

3. Mike Francisco

Mike Francisco Active Member