Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Premade shower niche too big in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Mike Francisco

Mike Francisco Active Member

I installed a premade shower niche that is tile ready in my wall. The way the tile fall there will be a real little sliver of tile along the edge. So the niche is too big (sorry I wrote to small in the title). The directions say to tile right to it. So can I make the box smaller by apply some thinset to the inside side wall and then added a piece of leftover hardibacker board and then on top of that. That will give me an extra 1/2 to 3/4 inch of tile width. I don't want to screw the hardibacker into the side of the premade niche. With the thinset with some mesh tape around the corner be enough to hold it in place? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

Yes, your plan sounds just fine. I have amended the title

3. Mike Francisco

Mike Francisco Active Member