Discuss Prefab homes tiling on production line in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Josh Smedley

Hi has anyone on here or does anyone on here do tiling on modular homes in a factory on a production line? Just wondered if it was easy work difficult how it all works.
Cheers josh

O

Old Mod

Sounds like you might have a job offer? :)

It is quite common place now with ‘pods’ being built for holiday homes things like that.
far as I’m aware, it’s no different to any other work.

J

Josh Smedley

Yes I have so just weighing up my options it seems like a good opportunity.

I came out of the interview thinking of a load of questions I wanted to ask haha I am.used to a certain way of doing things so just wanted to know how they work in there with things such as tile cutters whether they still use your normal flat bed wet cutter and s straight cutter.

I know there is time scales to work to aswell so I just wondered if there is much tiling in the bathrooms they make but I know everyone will.be different of course. These are things I should of remembered to ask them while I was there haha

O

Old Mod

I’ve no experience personally, but I’d imagine if done in a sensible manner (doubtful tho) tiles will compliment size of room for the speed of install. And whilst there maybe some small changes to what you’re used to, if you’re an experienced tiler, then it’ll be an easy transition.
But it’s guesswork on my part.

J

Josh Smedley

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but until I go for the induction I'm blind to it all so I'll just have to go for it and take a risk. Thanks for your advise.

O

Old Mod

No worries, I wouldn’t worry too tough, it’s just the unknown.
I remember when I applied for a job working in North Africa back in the eighties.
I was worried sick before hand, I hate to fail, I was concerned I’d make myself look like a fool.
Haha what an idiot I was, I could have done the job in my sleep.
So don’t worry yourself until you know there’s something to worry about.
If you get stuck, come back and someone will be able to guide you I’m sure.
Good luck.

J

Josh Smedley

Thankyou for your advice it has put me at ease I agree with everything you said. My decision doesn't seem as scary now moving to North Africa is a little bit different haha cheers

Reply to Prefab homes tiling on production line in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks