Discuss Precision angles - level tools in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Julian, this not a dig in anyway, I have noticed in your posts on other threads to, that you have a lot of detail and sums going on, what trade are you in. Again I agree with Timeless John I'm just interested to know.
Well it would appear not enough work if Im posting to much :)

Have a father who is in need of a hip replacement and is struggling to manage the farm. We also have one of the farm dogs injured ( a working dog as we have some beef animals) with a broken leg so that's problematic. I enjoy tractors far more than animals.
I recently did some tiling in the kitchen of one of my sisters.
Im busy at home trying to build another shed as the workshop wasn't big enough, garage is going to make way for an extension (polished concrete - another story). I enjoy doing small jobs for others and trying to learn along the way.
We have a house we let which takes a bit of maintenance (that needs some tile work in the near future) and one of the guys that rents an engineering unit wanted help with his bathroom (that's where the questions about hardibacker for a shower enclosure came from).
Im currently doing another doctorate which kind of keeps me sane and I spent some time playing with grouting systems for large structures (a little like large radio telescopes) mainly with BASF and concrete systems for similar structures.

When I was much younger I worked in a branch of Topps (no laughs please it was a good job) helping out and also worked for someone fitting bathrooms/kitchens to help save and pay for Uni but wires and machinery were more my thing. Farming became complicated and diverse.

I am having a period of attempting to reduce working hours so sometime spent playing in the man shed is welcome and an aid to health, reducing stress and more away from Directing, staff and HMRC VAT and all that stuff.

I miss being able to ask and watch someone that is skilled in this trade and rely a lot on the help from people here - you tube is interesting but being untrained I have more questions than I know where to start. I've never worked with a proper tiler and probably will never have a proper clue what I am doing.

The shed is now up but needs glass in the windows and awaiting some box section to make shelf ends and brackets from (the world of inverter welders). I also was thinking of some DIY ways to measure floor deflection which I will have a play with this evening and post if positive.

Reply to Precision angles - level tools in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks