Discuss Precision angles - level tools in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

For those who may want to measure gradients and angles a little more precisely I can recommend this as a good starter company and piece of equipment.

Metrology and Quality Services
http://www.mqs.co.uk/mhc-639-3408-m...-1m-indicator-error-graduation-0-02mm-1m.html

I use bubble levels quite a lot MQS have some which may suit the eyes and the pockets. Larger diameter the more expensive - the image shows ones that are of similar (slightly more) sensitive than a typical construction level. Many many types are available.

target.jpg

B

Bill

A 200mm long level is pointless for our profession.

Before you carry on spouting your scientific know-how, understand what a tiler needs or requires.

Do you think that companies like Stabila cannot build an accurate level that is 200mm long or that they KNOW that it is not viable in a construction environment?

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

You sit it on top of your construction level Tom to reduce the vial errors. In my set of Stanley construction levels it comes with a 9" level which I use quite a bit (why wouldn't I?) I use my levels in a construction environment that's where the knowledge comes from. Construction levels all have he same inherent rated accuracy of plus minus 0.5mm per meter regardless of length.

If a DIY person wants to measure fall more easily and cheaply then these are very good options. I used myself on a shower room floor for example.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Why are you attacking a DIYer sharing some knowledge about an alternative level?

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

If you want to use a water level that's great but settling time is great and may not be so practical for lots of measurements. If it works for you brilliant that's all that matters.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Tom.

For Guarantees speak to MQS (there British for what it's worth) I don't make or design the tools and used in the construction industry and asking me for a guarantee is not really cricket.
You can purchase that level with a cal certificate however.
I'm not here to fall put with you.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Julian, this not a dig in anyway, I have noticed in your posts on other threads to, that you have a lot of detail and sums going on, what trade are you in. Again I agree with Timeless John I'm just interested to know.

Reply to Precision angles - level tools in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks