Discuss Porcelain wood plank tile (waxman) in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Has anybody installed the wood plank tiles from waxmans?

I’ve been setting them out but theres lippage on every tile at either end also!
(Floor is level btw)
So just wondering if there supposed to be like than to give it a ‘plank effect’ if that doesn’t sound daft.
ha!

(Installing in my own house)

H

hmtiling

Raimondi rls or similar. It's not uncommon for planks to be bowed. Put 2 face to face to see how bad they are. The clips will pull the bow out of the tile.

W

Waluigi

A lot of suppliers are suggesting a maximum bond of one third for wood planks. My local supplier has great big warning signs on the collection tickets suggesting this.

Obviously some brands are worse than others. Some are really good.

B

Bill

Just like this one I finished at the weekend...... uses levelling clips and wedges.

20181024_144842.jpg 20181025_132350.jpg 20181026_120454.jpg

W

Waluigi

Cheers gents, I don’t do many of these floors so was unaware that the clips would bring them together that much. I tend to push LVT when it comes to wood effect stuff.

H

hmtiling

Great stuff! I can see a 'tilemaster adhesives' box in one of the pics... is that where the levelling clips are from?

thanks everyone else!
the tiles are bowed quite abit
Tilemaster don't do them as far as I know but the schmox on ebay are good value

B

Bill

Great stuff! I can see a 'tilemaster adhesives' box in one of the pics... is that where the levelling clips are from?

thanks everyone else!
the tiles are bowed quite abit
These particular clips are Mustangs but I will use any bar the Vitrex curved ones.

Ebay is your best bet quick and cheap - China even cheaper but take longer to arrive.

Reply to Porcelain wood plank tile (waxman) in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks