Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. Schluter and U

Discuss Porcelain Tiles come away from Adhesive after 7 years in the Natural Stone and Thin Porcelain Tiling area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler TTA Member Top Contributor

A few centuries . Seem to work for the Romans

• Like Like x 2
  2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

My job never failed, same as @widler@widler 's job. I was takung the small kitchen floor up for a new kitchen to be fitted. All were solid as a rock for years until I took them up

• Like Like x 1
  3. timeless john

timeless john Moderator - trainee Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Your right up on Hadrians Wall at Housteads Roman Fort there are fabulous examples of 600x600m full bodied porcelain tiles that have been in the public toilets for years!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler TTA Member Top Contributor

There was a design fault with Hadrian wall mainly its location , it should of been built from the Severn to the wash .

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. impish

impish Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler Top Contributor

I've seen them. The grout was filthy.
    Should have used epoxy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. antonio

antonio Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

FILA launches the INSTANT SOLUTION KIT at Cersaie 2018 | FILA Solutions - https://www.filasolutions.com/eng/press-area/news/fila-launches-the-instant-solution-kit-at-cersaie-2018

7. widler

widler Professional Tiler

And not forgetting the plastic water pipes systems running everywhere under every tile , with continuous heating up and cooling down .
    Clever fellows them Romans ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. timeless john

timeless john Moderator - trainee Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

9. antonio

antonio Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

are you waiting for me?

• Like Like x 1
  10. d4vinder

d4vinder New to TilersForums.co.uk

So it looks as if the Ardex have told me to F off and prove it. Won’t be using them for anything anymore.

However is there anyone professional enough to sort my tiles or for me? Anybody you can recommend to do the job properly? As good as I said the tiler was, he’s not shown up again. I have a house with a 6 year old running around and a MS patient and half the tiles up for which the area has been cordoned off. The only open plan area for my disabled wife and that out of use for her at the moment.

I’m desperately trying to find someone in swindon who can do the job. Paid of course.

He’s truly screwed me over.

Anyone fancy taking the job on?

11. pdc

pdc Only a Handyman... Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

• Like Like x 2