Discuss Porcelain Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd start another thread, rather than clutter my other 2 up! Which will hopefully be useful for any other newbies looking for advice.

Looking for a porcelain tile cutter that will cut the majority of tiles (approx. 600mm x 300mm x 10mm).

I appreciate I may need a wet cutter for some of the cuts (will hopefully be able to borrow one), but will this suffice for cutting the majority of my tiles:

Vitrex 102360TC 10 2360 50cm Heavy-Duty Tile Cutter: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools - https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Hand-Cutters/Vitrex-102360TC-2360-50cm-Heavy-Duty-Tile-Cutter/B002SH62KK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493284454&sr=8-3&keywords=tile+cutter

I don't need a super duper cutter, just one that works well.

Thanks in advance.

D

Dumbo

Probably your best bet is to ask the tile shop you got tiles from if they have a cutter they lend or hire out . If they do it would probably be a rubi or sigma . Most independents do this around my way

Reaction score
Probably your best bet is to ask the tile shop you got tiles from if they have a cutter they lend or hire out . If they do it would probably be a rubi or sigma . Most independents do this around my way

It looks like we're going to be buying online.

I don't want to spend a lot of money, but it needs to get the job done.

The reviews for the above look okay, but I thought I'd check with the experts:)

I

Italy

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd start another thread, rather than clutter my other 2 up! Which will hopefully be useful for any other newbies looking for advice.

Looking for a porcelain tile cutter that will cut the majority of tiles (approx. 600mm x 300mm x 10mm).

I appreciate I may need a wet cutter for some of the cuts (will hopefully be able to borrow one), but will this suffice for cutting the majority of my tiles:

Vitrex 102360TC 10 2360 50cm Heavy-Duty Tile Cutter: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools - https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Hand-Cutters/Vitrex-102360TC-2360-50cm-Heavy-Duty-Tile-Cutter/B002SH62KK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493284454&sr=8-3&keywords=tile+cutter

Thanks in advance.
With that, cut only the potatoes. But I, just an apprentice ;)

Reaction score
Can you recommend a tile cutter that will do the job that I require, i.e. Cut 600 x 300mm tiles?

Ideally I don't want to spend loads, as it will get very little use after this job.

Would an option be to hire a cutter for a day and aim to get all the cuts done in one day (don't know if this is feasible)

R

Rookery

I know of only one place in my area that hires out a cutter - a Rubi 1200. If you don't want to spend around £300 on a Sigma, a Big Clinker is a cheap alternative. Although not the most accurate it's perfectly adequate for your average tiling job.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.
A sigma cutter can not be beaten

Reply to Porcelain Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks