Discuss Porcelain External Angle in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

bert7cosby

Hi, I am currently tiling a bathroom with 600x 300 porcelain tiles and all is going well.
The sink area is a boxed section that protrudes from the back wall for the waste pipes etc.

As the tiles have a finished edge to them would It be acceptable to use butt joins on the external corner return ? this would mean that when facing the sink you would see one whole tile as the boxing is roughly 600mm and the edge of the return tiles on both sides .
Hope this makes sense ..or would it be better to use trims.
Thanks
Bert

S

Spud

Hi, I am currently tiling a bathroom with 600x 300 porcelain tiles and all is going well.
The sink area is a boxed section that protrudes from the back wall for the waste pipes etc.

As the tiles have a finished edge to them would It be acceptable to use butt joins on the external corner return ? this would mean that when facing the sink you would see one whole tile as the boxing is roughly 600mm and the edge of the return tiles on both sides .
Hope this makes sense ..or would it be better to use trims.
Thanks
Bert
you could mitre the tiles , but if they are the same colour all the way through then that is also fine , if they are polished porcelain you can polish the edges with wet and dry

B

bert7cosby

Thanks Gary, if I was to mitre the tile would it not leave a sharp edge on the cut side of the mitre ? Also can you give me a brief guide on polishing the raw edge as they are polished tiles
Thanks

O

Old Mod

Hi Bert and welcome to the forum.
If you could take 5 mins and start a new thread in the welcome forum giving a little information about yourself, not only would it be appreciated, but it will help members evaluate the level of advice to give you.

You can do this HERE
Just select new member prefix and away you go.

Thanks.

Reply to Porcelain External Angle in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks