Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Porcel-Thin Coffee Morning Feb 17th - who's going? in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

I missed out on @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin@Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin demo day a couple of years ago and was absolutely gutted. Last year I was acquainted with Kris @Tile Superstores Ringwood@Tile Superstores Ringwood on the Dorset Hampshire border on the edge of the New Forest. He was very keen to learn more about thin porcelain and in conjunction with Ray they have organised a demo in Ringwood next Friday.
    Sadly I can't attend (double gutted!!!!), but there is free coffee and bacon rolls up for grabs, a free Porcel-Thin demo and great company. Posting this here not to advertise either company, but to promote awareness of this new up & coming product, it's fitment and tips from the main man! I'm getting no kick back either by the way.......just missing out on bacon baps and a Porcel-Thin demo :(

I really hope some from the forum can attend :)

IMG_3100.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Professional Tiler TTA Member Top Contributor

Might go . Going to have a word with Ray to see how long I would need to be there to benefit as I can't give 6 hours .

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tile Superstores Ringwood

Tile Superstores Ringwood Company Support

Hi guys,
    It would be great if any of the fixers on here could attend, to learn about the porcel-thin range or even give your insight on how to fit if, you have done so previously. It's a very exciting addition to our business and am very keen to learn more about the porcel-thin product.
    If not pop in and say hello and have a bacon roll & coffee

• Like Like x 2
  4. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Who's visiting from Porcelthin?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tile Superstores Ringwood

• Like Like x 1
  6. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Don't think his passport or jabs are up to date! :D

• Like Like x 5
  7. Ttt1601

Ttt1601 Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Will try and free up some time to get to this, looks ideal

• Like Like x 2
  8. andy8758

andy8758 Professional Tiler

Would love to attend - depends if I can clear next weeks work by Thursday tea time.

• Like Like x 4
  9. whitebeam

whitebeam Moderator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Make time guys it'll be well worth the journey....

• Like Like x 3
  10. Matt Bott

Matt Bott Professional Tiler

Im considering 2 1/2 hour drive :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Tile Superstores Ringwood

Marc @3_fall@3_fall will be joining us on Friday also to give his expert advice on cutting and fitting Porcel-thin.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

giphy-tumblr.gif

• Like Like x 4
  13. Ttt1601

Just want to say cheers again to @Tile Superstores Ringwood@Tile Superstores Ringwood porcel-thin and @3_fall@3_fall for today, very informative, marc truly knows this product, what to do with it, what can be done with it and why it has to be done that way, now chomping at the bit to get a customer on board to have a real play round with it, fantastic product. picked up a few tricks and new tools to get, that can be used across all formats too, cheers again guys ohh and the bacon sandwich's weren't bad either ;):D

• Like Like x 6
  14. 3_fall

Haha glad you found it worth while Tom, great to meet you, and you're not nearly as aggressive as you make out! ;)
    And thank you, not only for attending, but making my trip worth while! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ttt1601

Haha no im a big Teddy bear really just don't tell anyone, only problem I do have is I now have urge to buy a few new bits of kit and I'm gonna be pushing the hard sell with customers to get a real good play round with porcel-thin, I'm amazed at what can be done with it, starting to see why your such a big fan of it

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lithofin BOB

Lithofin BOB Company Support

Looked a great day, gutted I couldn't stay for the full run through , great coffee,cheers boys

• Like Like x 4
  17. 3_fall

Great to see you Bob, you might of realised it took me a bit to realise you were there! :oops:
    Thought, I know that guy! Haha
    Then of course the penny dropped! :rolleyes:
    Sorry mate. :(

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tile Superstores Ringwood

Thanks to all that attended and a special thank you to Martin & Marc @3_fall@3_fall for making the trip down and passing on their knowledge.

• Like Like x 5
  19. 3_fall

Here's few images of what the guys did yesterday afternoon. Theses were random Calacatta pieces.
    With mitred external corner.

IMG_8389.JPG IMG_8390.JPG IMG_8392.JPG IMG_8393.JPG IMG_8394.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  20. hps1

hps1 Professional Tiler

Thanks to Kris and thanks to mark for yesterday. Came away feeling I gained some good knowledge and a full belly which is always a bonus. Can't wait to get my teeth stuck into some of this tile. Marc I forgot to ask... would you always use anti crack Matt on floors or just heated ones? My biggest concern would be the week points on corner cuts/u pieces

• Like Like x 2
  21. A williams

A williams Active Member

Sadly I only just seen this ! - typical me day late!! :)

Looks good chaps :D
    Anyone who attended learn any intresting trocks? ?

22. Ttt1601

Just how useful glass cutting tools are with the use of porcel-thin was very interesting, but for use across all formats, just how effective for full coverage the ragini 10mm x 6mm trowel is was compared to others was interesting to see, will be getting one for sure!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. A williams

A williams Active Member

Sweet tip:handok:
    Glass cutting tools? Wow sounds mega interesting! Can't believe i spotted this today - I'll be keeping an eye out for the next one!

• Like Like x 2
  24. 3_fall

Glad you had a good day, and thought it was worth attending.
    Yeah I always advise an antifracture mat where possible.
    Heated or not.

• Like Like x 1
  25. hps1

hps1 Professional Tiler

Brilliant , cheers. Oh this is wayne by the way

• Like Like x 1
  26. Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin

Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin Official Member Support Company Support

have to thank marc and martin for all there hard work and willingness to pass
    on there knowledge and all there enjoyment they get out of helping tilers learn
    about whats happening in the tiling world thanks to all those turning up to learn
    and to tile superstore ringwood :) for making this happen well done for seeing
    the need to help out and making the effort

• Like Like x 6