Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Polished porcelain ‘haze’ in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

I have recently had my kitchen floor tiled using a dark grey polished porcelain tile. It looks great but when the light catches some of the tiles they look ‘hazed’ could anyone tell me a) what it is and b) how I can go about getting rid of it. Here’s a picture, it’s incredibly hard to photograph it but hopefully you can tell what I mean. I’m also unsure if the picture will even post!!

W

Waluigi

Lithofin Cement Residue remover.

Start off by following the dilution rates specified.

O

One Day

You know, I can't find it anywhere. Maybe it was tagged onto the end of Swe's guide to tile. Remember that?! I'll check again tomorrow...

OP
J
Reaction score
971A9DBE-80ED-4A69-9D75-11FA7AA426E2.jpeg
C1D2CF02-00B8-4940-B6CC-82B27F1BEA8D.jpeg
Thank you all for your replies.

Thanks for sharing that article, that potentially explains it. The only thing I would say is the most obvious tile is that one in the picture right in the doorway.. the one behind it for instance doesn’t seem to have it at all. I can also see the haze from above, I’m not saying it’s not optical haze as it could well be, I just want to be certain that there is nothing I can do to sort it out.

F

Flintstone

Good info, I've seen it many tiles and was never sure what was going on. I did a large floor last year with polished porcelain and they were really bad for it, got me paranoid as hell that it was me causing it. it's strange how it's not usually consistent

O

One Day

I've only seen it once and it was with cheaper porcelain. Transit wax can look similar but obviously cleans up ok.
I'm not saying it is OP's problem here and Waluigi may well be on the money, but just throwing it in for consideration...

jobdone

TF
Reaction score
Very interesting article on optical haze. Never new if was a thing. Wish I had known about it sooner might have saved my elbows and wrists from the excessive polishing.

N

NZ_Tiler

The facets mentioned in the optical hazing link, are they similar to pores?

I've laid some off white mechanical polished Porcelanosa from spain.

When grouting with a very light grey (mapei 111) it was immediately obviously the surface of the tile was holding mirco dots of grout.

When the supplier was questioned, he stated all polished porcelain should be sealed... Which is ********

Reply to Polished porcelain ‘haze’ in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock