Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Plumbers, lazy and bone idle! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

mma

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I've recommended two plumbers to a customer and neither has been in contact. Not a massive job but still money to be made. What's the problem? Kind of made me look bad also!

Q

Qwerty

At the moment the demand for plumbers is huge. They are cherry picking the most profitable/ easiest of jobs. A real shame. One of my tile pals down here has had the same issue. I do all of my own plumbing so luckily have no issues

Kyle Knowles

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not just plumber brickies are just as bad the job I'm on today the guys bin ket down by 4 different people to build his single floor extension people muse hate money

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a regular plumber really old school been plumbing all his life and he's 60 now.
We have been working together on projects for over 20 years.......and I'm going to be lost when he retires as I know how unreliable plumbers can be..

W

WetSaw

It's nothing new. A few years ago my Mum needed new radiators in her house. I knew a plumber, an acquaintance more than a friend, and gave him a call. He lives 10 minutes from my Mums house. He called her once. I jollied him up but he never went. I ended up ordering the rads on the internet and when they had been delivered I flew back and changed them.

W

WetSaw

I also flew back one time to change all the interior doors in her house despite her stepson being a chippy and living 1/2 an hour away but that's another story....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If there is any way you can have a chat on our plumbing forum and find a local guy to connect with then go for it. Not sure they can rescue you for two change of taps or whatever it is in this case but if you can build a bit of a relationship with one it may help.

Explain Dan sent you. And perhaps give some details on the types of future jobs they'd be expecting from you.

www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk

OP
mma

mma

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If there is any way you can have a chat on our plumbing forum and find a local guy to connect with then go for it. Not sure they can rescue you for two change of taps or whatever it is in this case but if you can build a bit of a relationship with one it may help.

Explain Dan sent you. And perhaps give some details on the types of future jobs they'd be expecting from you.

www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk
Thanks Dan, but the customer is arranging their own plumber now.

Reply to Plumbers, lazy and bone idle! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock