Discuss Plumber upgrading from 30 yr old Rubi TS-40 in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

GoneGuy

Have you got a local tile shop that stocks a few different brand cutters, where you can go and have a try of them to see which one you feel comfortable with?

W

Waluigi

Jimny- how do you work out where to cut your tiles?

If you measure your tiles then a Monty or sigma will definitely be a good option. If you only ever offer up the tile and mark it then a Rubi might be better.

Not an exact science, just my thoughts.

W

Waluigi

I measure from wall to tile and deduct x amount for spacer and expansion gap.

I still offer up quite often too.

Reaction score
Jimny- how do you work out where to cut your tiles?

If you measure your tiles then a Monty or sigma will definitely be a good option. If you only ever offer up the tile and mark it then a Rubi might be better.

Not an exact science, just my thoughts.

I measure 90% of the time as bathfix bob does

Reply to Plumber upgrading from 30 yr old Rubi TS-40 in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks