Discuss Plasplugs Master Tile cutter DWW180 in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

thevinnyofoz

Hello all,

I haven't been on much for the last few months due to nearly losing interest in the tiling game but hura hura I have landed a nice job for a friend of a friend and all is well in my little tiling world :thumbsup:

So I have 19m2 of 8mm glassed porcelain to fit for the walls and 5m2 for the floor. Not done porcelain before but I have attendend the NETT natural stone course up in Newcastle last winter. The floor tiles are 50cm x 50cm and I need a wet cutter to fly through these. Got my eye on a Plasplugs Master Wet Cutter on shebay and was wondering if these are any good. The little compact I have used on some jobs in the past has been half decent so was thinking this might be fine also ?

Cheers one and all

F

Fred

Used to use that cutter myself. You'll need a mercrist blade though, then you'll cut though no problems at all mate.

T

thevinnyofoz

Thanks all, so the marcrist is worth the 60 quid, if so i'll take a look at them.

I've seen the Vitrex 750 but was thinking it looked cheap compared to the master tiler, but i've only seen these on web sites not, if you say it's a decent piece of kit and go have a look at them. cheers guys. oh and merlecollins, your avator is still freaking me out !

T

thevinnyofoz

Thanks all, so the marcrist is worth the 60 quid, if so i'll take a look at them.

I've seen the Vitrex 750 but was thinking it looked cheap compared to the master tiler, but i've only seen these on web sites, if you say it's a decent piece of kit i'll go and have a look at them. cheers guys. oh and merlecollins, your avator is still freaking me out !

(Duplicated with grammer corrections):oops:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I used the Master tiler for a few years, now use the Vitrex for certain things the DeWALT can't do:thumbsup:

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I used the master-t for a 30m2 600x300 trav bathroom once , did a good job too and it still runs perfect.. :thumbsup:

T

thevinnyofoz

Thanks for all your great advice. Will go in and look at one over the weekend :thumbsup: I think 50 60 quid is a hell of a lot for a blade but if it needed then fair enough.

C

Colour Republic

I used the Master tiler for a few years, now use the Vitrex for certain things the DeWALT can't do:thumbsup:

:yikes::yikes: Did I read that right, something the DeWalt can't do!!!! surely you must be using it wrong!!!:lol:

Hang on have I just set myself up here :confused: this thing the DeWalt can't do, that wouldn't be splash water all over you on a hot summers day would it?

Reply to Plasplugs Master Tile cutter DWW180 in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks