Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss outside corner in rectangle bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
M

mr angry

Please checkout the following advertisement.
@Waluigi

it was either the weber or the 7 tubs of bal white star plus. i was sure that the majority of folk here wouldve picked the 3 bags of weber stuff at £20.

i cant find a local supplier of the weber 360 but i can get the bal primer 1kg for £9.99 out of topps tiles is this ok to mix with weber?

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
@Waluigi

it was either the weber or the 7 tubs of bal white star plus. i was sure that the majority of folk here wouldve picked the 3 bags of weber stuff at £20.

i cant find a local supplier of the weber 360 but i can get the bal primer 1kg for £9.99 out of topps tiles is this ok to mix with weber?

That will do the job just fine.

OP
M

mr angry

i cant get to topps right now but can goto b&q later. can i use the mapei plaster primer £9 b&q?

cheers

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
i cant get to topps right now but can goto b&q later. can i use the mapei plaster primer £9 b&q?

cheers

Yep.
Whatever you use the result will be better than the other 3 walls with nothing on and pre mixed addy.

OP
S

Spare Tool

I buy direct from Tilemaster but you have to have it by the pallet.
I have used many adhesives in the past but find this one of the nicest to use and is the best blend of price/performance.
I use their Ultimate https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ on floors, but you have to be really clean as you go, it’s sticks to everything and is a pain to get off when set!
How'd you get an account with TM..like rocking horse sh#t?

OP
M

mr angry

I ended up buying the unibond plaster primer from b&q as they didn't have any Mapei stuff in stock even though it showed 5 on their computers. Seems to be less dusty when wiping a finger down the wall so hopefully everything is all good :)

Can I use the remainder of this Weber rapid set stuff as a self leveler on the floor and is it flexible enough to use when I start the floor tiles?

Cheers

OP
M

mr angry

It doesn't say pva anywhere on it and that it's for gypsum or plaster for tile and for use with cement https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

It was £12 for the unibond 2kg.

I hope I've not effed up here :/

OP
M

mr angry

ive made an error of judgment when i started tile the last wall as when ive lined up my bead to coving it looks like its going to stick out roughly about 1cm. it looks like i used too much https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and packed it out to much when tile upwards due to the walls being off. the downside is that its gradually moving outwards and looks to be about a 1cm out past the bottom of the coving leaving a big lip.

i suppose i could remove the coving and re-do it with a slightly bigger replacement but are there other ways to blend this in without removal?

cheers

Reaction score
[QUOTE="

i suppose i could remove the coving and re-do it with a slightly bigger replacement but are there other ways to blend this in without removal?

cheers[/QUOTE]

No,
if its proud, then its proud.
You can polish a turd, but at the end of the day, its still a turd.

OP
M

mr angry

So the answer is leave it and it can't be fixed? Surely replacing a slightly bigger coving will remedy the situation :/

Hasn't any non professional diyers had this issue in tile before? Or has it always ended up perfect at coving?

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Can you post a picture?

OP
W

Waluigi

Remove coving. Cut a strip of 12.5mm SE plasterboard. Bond to the wall with drywall https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. Attach new coving. All materials are inexpensive.

Use different thickness plasterboard to suite your exact requirement. 9.5mm and 15mm board is readily available.

Not much you can do with it if you want to leave the coving on. Either finish the tile short of the coving or put a trim on the top of the tile. Or both.

Reply to outside corner in rectangle bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock