Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss outside corner in rectangle bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
M

mr angry

Please checkout the following advertisement.
anyone?

OP
M

mr angry

yes just floorboards. ive ripped up the 18mm plywood, not sure if its marine ply :/

can i get a 12mm marine ply and put a 6mm backerboard on top? do i need to use some sort of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ with the backboard if i do need it?

cheers

OP
Q

Qwerty

I personally would remove all floorboards and lay minimum 18mm WBP ply and then overboard that. Dont mess about with thin ply, it doesnt comply with British Standards and it will fail

OP
M

mr angry

do the floorboards not run underneath the walls and would it be more difficult to remove them? if i dont choose to remove the floorboards what would you recommend using on top of them?

cheers

OP
Q

Qwerty

You will have to check if they do, but even if they are I will nearly always remove them. You can overboard onto the floorboards but you will probably find there are holes everywhere for pipes etc and boards are poorly fixed or warped. I perform full refits so I take up the flooring 90% of the time to amend plumbing

OP
M

mr angry

here are some photos of floor and piping for radiator. how far down should i cut the pipe in order to put a bend on it? is my diagram ok for what i plan to do? my terminology is crap so please tell me exactly what parts i need. you will see from photo diagram of how my radiator is and the other diagram of my proposed look when ive sorted the pipework.

can i use plastic pipe on copper or just copper? is there a preference. i realise this is a tile forum so im assuming some you you professionals tackle this type of thing everyday....maybe im wrong :/

should i replace the floorboards with a thicker plywood? my intentions were to keep the floorboard as it is 22mm thick and seems in a reasonable condition. my issue is what thickness should i replace the floor with and how thick a backer board should i use on top? is this the recommended way forward? can i use a thicker than 22mm plywood??

thanks in advance

cammy

IMAG0020.jpg IMAG0021.jpg IMAG0063.jpg IMAG0064.jpg IMAG0065.jpg IMAG0066.jpg IMAG0067.jpg IMAG0068.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Q

Qwerty

I would suggest you visit our sister forum- www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk

From your photos though I would seriously check out the structural integrity of the joists. I can see alot or rot and cut away areas of joists

OP
M

mr angry

hi guys,

ive tried to join the plumbers forum with no success.... if someone could alert the plumbersforum because ive tried everything! deleted cache, hostory blah blah blah1

i have used chrome, safari and firefox and i cant get the captcha thing to work. i even tried refreshing and still nothing...any ideas???

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

mr angry

here is where my drain valve is in my dinning room :(

also, since i cant join the plumbers forum just now can someone advise on the best way forward for the u bend from bath? can i have the wast from bath go straight down and underneath floor boards with the u bend going straight into the pipe? or do i need to have the ubend above the floor line meaning i have a s shape trap as shown in photo with the waste going straight down adding into the pipework below floorboards. is there any pros/cons of having it above or below?

cheers

IMAG0073.jpg IMG-20180710-WA0006.jpeg

OP
M

mr angry

i would also add regarding my copper pipe to query in the diagram above....is plastic pipe ok to join onto copper using pushfit if i have a combi boiler setup?

cheers

OP
W

WetSaw

here is where my drain valve is in my dinning room :(

also, since i cant join the plumbers forum just now can someone advise on the best way forward for the u bend from bath? can i have the wast from bath go straight down and underneath floor boards with the u bend going straight into the pipe? or do i need to have the ubend above the floor line meaning i have a s shape trap as shown in photo with the waste going straight down adding into the pipework below floorboards. is there any pros/cons of having it above or below?

cheers

View attachment 99538 View attachment 99539

If there's too much fall before the trap it can end up being syphoned out , also it's obviously better if you have access to the trap for cleaning.

OP
M

mr angry

If there's too much fall before the trap it can end up being syphoned out , also it's obviously better if you have access to the trap for cleaning.

please define how much the fall is? what is the tolerance before a syphoning effect happens? i reckon the distance from the bath to the connecting pipes below floorboards would be about 1 to 1 half ft max.

cheers

Reply to outside corner in rectangle bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock