Discuss Outdoor Tiled Bistro Table - Needs Some Rejuvenation in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

KevinH

TF
Reaction score
Hello,

We've got a small bistro table which sits outside all year round. It's seen two winters (if you can call what we've just had a winter).

The tiles are looking abit flat and I would like some advice on what would be best to brighten up their appearance. There is no damage to the tiles nor grout.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks - Kevin

IMG_0691.JPG IMG_0692.JPG

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Lithofin Wexa would be my first choice here. Fully wet the table with the product and leave it wet a good ten minutes or so. Don't let it dry out and don't be in a rush to start scrubbing. Wexa will lift alot of dirt just sitting there. After ten minutes or so use a soft emulsifying pad, always rinse well with lots of clean water. Give it 4 days or so to fully dry then seal with an impregnator, Lithofin Stainstop or DryTreat Original are my preferences.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
The wexa is a great starting point, if you have green or spore in the grout , once you have de greased with the wexa . after this, if required use lithofin outdoor cleaner to finish off, 10-15 min saturation and scrubbing , this will kill off the spore and may lighten the grouted and stone areas. Impregnate as above after drying

W

White Room

The wexa is a great starting point, if you have green or spore in the grout , once you have de greased with the wexa . after this, if required use lithofin outdoor cleaner to finish off, 10-15 min saturation and scrubbing , this will kill off the spore and may lighten the grouted and stone areas. Impregnate as above after drying

Don't mean to digress from the OP, would Wexa be good for a patio with coloured concrete which needs a clean Bob.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Evening ,If general dirt and grimes , yes, can dilute wexa up to 1-5 and test
If green or black algae or leaf tannins/ stains ,I would use and test the outdoor cleaner, says to use that neat , I would test up to 1-4 , dependant on contamination -and it may go further for you.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Evening ,If general dirt and grimes , yes, can dilute wexa up to 1-5 and test
If green or black algae or leaf tannins/ stains ,I would use and test the outdoor cleaner, says to use that neat , I would test up to 1-4 , dependant on contamination -and it may go further for you.

Would Algex be suitable? Used it years back at the in law's, seemed miraculous stuff at the time.

Reply to Outdoor Tiled Bistro Table - Needs Some Rejuvenation in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks