Discuss NVQ level 3. What's involved and how to achieve qualification? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

baztiles

Hi, this is my first time using this forum or any forum for that matter, so please forgive me if I'm doing it wrong!

I have been tiling for roughly 12 years. About 3-4 years on job training with no college or course experiance. My family and I have decided that we would really like to emigrate to Australia. In order to do so I believe I need an NVQ level 3 qualification. As I have no college experiance I am unsure how to go about preparing for this or if it is even possible for me to achieve it at all?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
When I did my 'test' ( after tiling for 27 yrs :0) ) , the guy told me the diff for the level 3 was just that included stuff about stone work. Didn't bother with it myself as I just wanted the skilled workers card for site work.
Diggy

Glynn

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Most NVQ 3's will be done through a college or training centre that do tiling and have an OSAT assesment team. This may entail you attending a short session with one of their team to find out what experience you have and what you need, and give you guidence for what areas you need to gain experience in to be able to pass that part of the modual. There are no actual exams, just the need to satisfy your assesor that you have the competance to demonstrate to them you can do the work to the standards set down by City&Guilds NVQ3. All the assessing will be conducted on site whilst you are at your daily work. I do not know which colleges/training centres in Scotland do these assesments but there must be some. City&Guilds might be a good place to start or Glasgow Met. used to have an assesor.

D

Dumbo

Most NVQ 3's will be done through a college or training centre that do tiling and have an OSAT assesment team. This may entail you attending a short session with one of their team to find out what experience you have and what you need, and give you guidence for what areas you need to gain experience in to be able to pass that part of the modual. There are no actual exams, just the need to satisfy your assesor that you have the competance to demonstrate to them you can do the work to the standards set down by City&Guilds NVQ3. All the assessing will be conducted on site whilst you are at your daily work. I do not know which colleges/training centres in Scotland do these assesments but there must be some. City&Guilds might be a good place to start or Glasgow Met. used to have an assesor.
Thats pretty much how mine went

Reply to NVQ level 3. What's involved and how to achieve qualification? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks