Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss NVQ for an old timer in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi can you help

Ive been working in domestic homes for the last 4 years. Ive just found out I need to be told how to suck eggs by some young lad just out of collage, so i can get an NVQ in tile. And to get a CSCS card . bla bla... 21yrs means nout nower days

Well wot i would like from you members is how to get this NVQ. I live in the southeast of England. I dont want to go to collage. Is there an on site programe out there. :mad2:

thanks

OP
G

Gazzer

Contact a tile training centre and ask to be assessed for an EWPA, Experierenced worker program assesment ?
A few bits of paper and an onsite assesment....yeah 33 years for me and I had to do it !

OP
J

johnryan

you should get in touch with max at able skills. they're based in dartford, and i'd recommend you starting there. i'm just getting mine sorted now via the ewpar. they have a great set up there, and are very helpful and can let you know everything you need to do. they have a link at the side of here.

OP
P

Perry

have you any other skilled trade ? if you haven't you could get it for free or it might cost you a fair few bob got mine after 28 years from a guy who didn't know how to wipe his bum lol

OP
S

Simmo35

Hi pjc

No other trade just tile. I am going on a plumbing and heating course at my local collage in September. For nvq 2, but as of yet no other trade. Do you have a number of this free course.

OP
G

Gazzer

I got funding from Chase tile academy , I am not sure if funding is still available. A call to any of the centres is your best move.

OP
M

Max@ableskills

hi can you help

Ive been working in domestic homes for the last 4 years. Ive just found out I need to be told how to suck eggs by some young lad just out of collage, so i can get an NVQ in tile. And to get a CSCS card . bla bla... 21yrs means nout nower days

Well wot i would like from you members is how to get this NVQ. I live in the southeast of England. I dont want to go to collage. Is there an on site programe out there. :mad2:

thanks

Hi.

If you call our office on 01322280202 and speak to John, Gary or Angela they will be able to give you details of the EWPA route.

Many thanks and good luck

OP
P

Perry

Hi pjc

No other trade just tile. I am going on a plumbing and heating course at my local collage in September. For nvq 2, but as of yet no other trade. Do you have a number of this free course.
Yes I have but away till the end of the month and it's at home but I think they still have funding for it as they sent me a letter asking if I had any more guys that wanted one a few weeks ago drop me a pm and I will give you my phone number :pete

OP
D

Dante Tiling

Hi,

I've recently completed my NVQ Level 2 in Wall & Floor tile. The company I went through were call Safety Plus Ltd, I had to travel to Mansfield to do the practical test(from Birmingham). To qualify for this route I had to prove I had been tile for over 5years. I had my mentor sign numerous pages to agree this was true and I had experience in all aspects of tile.

If you meet this criteria you can go the fast track route and straight into the test. I was lucky to get in with Safety Plus while they had funded places supplied by Mansfield College. So if they have no places left you will have to pay.

Hope this helps.

Reply to NVQ for an old timer in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock