Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss NVQ 2 Assesment? Anyone done one before? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

S

SteveWilliams

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi i have just applied for a job and need a NVQ level 2. I have been tile for around 6 years all on the job training. Anybody done an assesment before? I have found a couple but don't really know what to expect.
Thanks steve

OP
O

One Day

my assessment involved a guy coming out to see me at work, asked for half a dozen signatures, took a few photos, links to my web-site and I had NVQ2.
I imagine I had a slightly less "thorough" assessment than most!

OP
S

Spare Tool

my assessment involved a guy coming out to see me at work, asked for half a dozen signatures, took a few photos, links to my web-site and I had NVQ2.
I imagine I had a slightly less "thorough" assessment than most!
Same here, guy even lent me a luminous vest and hard hat for a H&S photo call, not exactly taxing was it..

OP
D

Dumbo

Much the same when I did nvq3 it's nothing to worry about if you can show you can do the work you have some knowledge about what you're doing it's in the bag .

OP
D

Dumbo

Do you actually need a nvq2 or do you just need a cscs card . I know of tilers on site tile with a labourers cscs card

OP
S

SteveWilliams

Yeah i need the nvq mate i have the cscs card but they said i need it for the job unfortunatly

Reaction score
Hi Steve,
Just to add, you have the option of doing your level 2 through the experienced worker route (EWPA), this is available to anyone with 5 or more years experience, and involves just a 1 day practical assessment, and quick discussion and a few questions!! far less paperwork and meetings.
Doug

OP
U

Unused Account 1

I did mine at college years ago,probably changed now,but they come out to a number of your jobs and look and ask any questions ,but phone the nvq board and ask ,

Reply to NVQ 2 Assesment? Anyone done one before? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock