Discuss Now you've had a play with it what do you think? in the Forum Improvement Suggestions area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

Time's Ran Out

When I press like it sometimes gives a choice sometimes just like!
Getting more adverts since I started to subscribe.
Still finding my way around but seems faster.
John

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Liking it Dan.
Is the ability to upload vids active yet? As when I try it says 'not a recognised file format' despite converting it to loads of different formats.
Only niggle I have is when I highlight a body of text to delete when composing a post and hit delete nothing happens, it just remains highlighted.

F

Flintstone

Big google adverts in the middle in between posts is vert annoying. Other than that it seems more modern

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
When I press like it sometimes gives a choice sometimes just like!
Getting more adverts since I started to subscribe.
Still finding my way around but seems faster.
John

That advert should be gone for you now mate.

If you hold your finger on the like you get the extra options.
Liking it Dan.
Is the ability to upload vids active yet? As when I try it says 'not a recognised file format' despite converting it to loads of different formats.
Only niggle I have is when I highlight a body of text to delete when composing a post and hit delete nothing happens, it just remains highlighted.

Try now.
Big google adverts in the middle in between posts is vert annoying. Other than that it seems more modern
That's one Google ad, below the first new message. I can set it so that once it has been shown a couple of times you don't see it. But I've had to enable it to get a few days worth of stats to see when the clicks drop off so I can set it around that. It'll be shown hardly ever once I've done some A/B testing.

I'm surprised you moan about 1 google as yet spend hours a day on Facebook lol You let Zuckerberg know your feelings? Does he do anything to help you?

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've set the ad within posts so that if you click it once, it goes for 8 hours. Subscribed members will now see no Sponsors ads or Google ads.

There will be a page made with a list of sponsors to check against. And you will always see their forum contributions.

Last edited:
O

One Day

So far so good... The content is what really matters. It's the life blood. If that stays the same, we can work through and ignore issues.
But if the content suffers, anaemia sets in...

But so far, so good!

I

Italy

all the words on the forum
they are very visible.
posts are written in a lighter black and smaller in size.
alerts and notifications are no longer push, but the page must be updated.
I'll get used :)

T

Tile Shop

"Now you've had a play with it, what do you think?"
Could be bigger!

Oh, sorry... You mean the forum, I like it. Not come across any issues yet apart from the issue of the reply box being tucked behind the keyboard a few days ago, but that's subsided and nothing since. Like it.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
all the words on the forum
they are very visible.
posts are written in a lighter black and smaller in size.
alerts and notifications are no longer push, but the page must be updated.
I'll get used :)
Enable push notifications in your browser and it will do more than what the lame semi-app did. And we don't need to give your details to anybody for it to work...... Unlike with Facebook which will datamine you and sell everything it knows about you to advertisers.

F

Flintstone

The image attatchments, we all like a zoom to see the nitty gritty, it doesn't seem possible now ? Only mega zoom ? Also it seems to open a general media gallery and before you know it your viewing some one else's photos

O

One Day

I'm getting annoying banner ads now which almost look like part of the threads.
They're easier to mentally ignore if they stand out, so these are starting to really do my head in now that I can't use adblock plus anymore :(

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll take a look into the image situation there are loads of settings to do with those.

Ads: you're seeing one ad, it's just always below the newest post for you. I've set it so that if you click it, it goes for 8 hours. I'm still playing around with ads to find the happy medium between earning enough money to stay online and annoying visitors enough that they don't come back.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Image-wise. Have a play now see what you think.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest mate no.

So we use lightbox for images in threads. Which is different to images in the gallery and different to adding an image as an attachment rather than directly in a post.

I can't replicate it in any of them I can zoom around all day. But I'm on my mobile using Chrome so perhaps you're using something different?

O

Old Mod

Still can't zoom propperly.
I think it might be down to how image is inserted Andy.
Unfortunately I can’t tell anymore how they’ll have been inserted. But you don’t need to click image to enlarge it. It only goes squiffy in light box it seems.
Just try enlarging without selecting image first.
I can tell you the image I just inserted in the tanking thread is a full image. I’ll add another one, but as a thumbnail, compare the two mate.

O

Old Mod

Still can't zoom propperly.
Andy, select the image you want, it’ll appear in light box. Top right corner select ‘download symbol’ you can zoom to your hearts content as a perfect image. That’s not a whole lot different to before really.

O

Old Mod

037BF4F8-13D3-4055-BF61-6D2820F9BCBB.jpeg

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The button to the left of that opens it in a window of its own I think too?

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Right so we want keep lightbox then as I was about to recompile all the images and there's over 80k of them lol

F

Flintstone

You press that arrow to enlarge then you can do what you like without needing to down load. Sorted

F

Flintstone

Can we get job of the month back in a different form ? I wasn't around on here some years ago but I hear it was more of a thread based system where it was open for all to see and comment ? Sounds good to me

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
JOTM will be back but what form will be up to the staff. I'm speaking to developers to see what options we have. The thread based style was labour intensive. I'd like to see it automated.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Am I the only one finding all these advertisements bloody annoying..?

And yes, I know they pay for the forum, and without them Dan won't make his first million.........but still, there bloody annoying ! :(

D

Dumbo

And yes, I know they pay for the forum, and without them Dan won't make his first million.........but still, there bloody annoying ! :(
What do you mean first .

F

Flintstone

There adverts all over and no matter what you close they just re appear 2 mins later

Boggs

TF
Supporter
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score

Me too, more the fact there are adverts breaking up the thread and reply box.
:mad:

T

Time's Ran Out

If the adverts had been here in 2006 when the forum first started nobody would have minded!
It can’t be upsetting members enough that there is a rush of subscriptions.
It’s still the best place to spend that down time.
Enjoy.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
I've noticed the forum drop off , certainly isn't as busy as I used to be, I know in the summer it tends to go quite ...... But, the adverts certainly put me off.... can't make head nor tail where I am half time, far to cluttered imo....

Reply to Now you've had a play with it what do you think? in the Forum Improvement Suggestions area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer