Discuss Not Bad For A Pen Pusher. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tile Shop

I wasn't going to disclose where i worked for fear of being lynched. But if i'm to upload these pics, it'll kinda give it away. So i don't care anymore.

So. As stated in the "say good morning" thread, boss gave me (a complete novice) a chance to have a go at real work. We've had a new (very wonky) kitchen installed at work in one of the rest rooms and told me to have a go at tiling it. How hard can it be, right?

I'll tell you how hard. I could never do it for a living. I use pens, keyboards, mice, graphic tablets and can design anyones room using CAD. But i figured out which side of the trowel should be used to scoop out my adhesive and cracked on..... only after messing up three freshly mixed buckets of slowset. Well i'd never done it before and over did the water. All part of the learning.

The walls were pretty unlevel, so did my best to level some bits out by spreading on both the wall and the tile. Was tempted just to try a single dotted and dabbed tile but would only find myself feeling guilty every time i go in there, so i didn't.

Not bad for a complete novice i don't think. Need practice. Need to start somewhere. Need to practice siliconing. Need to practice mitring trims for sure. They're not great but still put the pic up to prove i made an effort. Took me two days but that was with alot of interruptions and customer service questions. Have the floor to do aswell but that'll have to wait til the new year. Can't wait.

So about the golden turd award.... have i won it?

20151222_155229.jpg 20151222_173020.jpg 20151222_173131.jpg 20151222_173005.jpg 20151222_155309.jpg

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
There is hope that you continue your current job and leave tiling to us....at least you have a good list of people should you need a repair....good for you taking on the project, feel good knowing that the person who commissioned the work did so because they could not do it. It really doesn't look bad.;)

Reply to Not Bad For A Pen Pusher. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks