Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Noob needs mitred tile edging advise in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I have only been tought how to how to edge with trim. So any advice on how to achieve mitred tile edging would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

B

Blunt Tool

Total doddle, it’s only the tilers that can’t cut a mitre in tile trims that have to mitre the tiles :p
On a more serious note have a search on here and you should find excellent videos showing how to.
It’s important to have the right kit, ie a good wetsaw with a good blade that can tilt to 45 degrees or grinder with a quality blade and diamond hand pad
And plenty of practice, get some old tiles, anything that’s not grey nowadays it seems and get going

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Pin hammer and a rubbing stone!
IMG_20181022_070238.jpg

P

Perry

Yes John untill I brought my first water cutter 30 years ago. £700 quid then and fell apart after 3 months.

B

Blunt Tool

Grout line required?
The mitre is usually left 1 or 2mm from edge of tile so that there is no breakout and glazed edge remains intact. A joint is left of 1 or 2 mm where you can either grout or a preferred method of a 2 part colour matched resin filler to protect the edge and make it stronger. A slight sand and shape of filler will be required

Reply to Noob needs mitred tile edging advise in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock