Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Non-toxic baby-friendly grout haze removal in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

A

Aisha

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Our bathroom tiles have grout haze on them. Been there quite a while so imagine well and truly bedded in.

I'm pregnant and the baby is due in 2 months. I therefore think we've left it too late to use an HCL bases grout remover as I've read the harmful effects can linger on for months. I'don't also need to wear a mask everytime I went to the bathroom!

Can anyone recommend any non-toxic grout haze remover and any tips or tricks to get it off? Don't mind a bit of elbow grease when off on maternity leave!

Thanks in advance.

OP
A

Aisha

I'm not sure - that would help on reflection, wouldn't it?! I'll go home tonight and find out the info. Thanks so much for responding.

OP
A

Aisha

What type of tile Aisha? Photo of tiles with the amount of contamination would be good

Hi I've checked and the tiles are porcelain. The textured ones do feel rougher than the other ones though.

The rough ones are the worst affected in some parts but overall not so bad as they look like they should be less even in colour and texture. If needed could maybe replace a couple but woukd like to try cleaning first due to cost. However, the smoother tiles all generally have a haze and couldn't afford to replace them all!

20170402_103613.jpg 20170402_103557.jpg 20170402_103548.jpg 20170402_103537.jpg

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I would try a magic sponge to start , vilida, flash make them, in the supermarket a white sponge ,thing !, water and elbow grease. Test it on one tile, as instructed

After this someone will need to go down the chemical route to remove any deeper contamination on the textured tiles, but not you, not with two months to go!!!

They can Test A light acidic product , a specific grout remover- water based;)
There all water based. Use a white pad from the tile shop.

OP
A

Aisha

Thank you. Never even crossed my mind that you could get special sponges but can see it is supposed to be much better at removing stains!

I'll try the sponge with the Universeal grout remover then as it specifically says it is environmentally friendly.

However, if that fails I found this which has no VOCs but supposedly works like an acid. Is this any good or am I just wasting my money?

Miracle Heavy Duty Cleaner (Acid Substitute) - http://miraclesealants.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=178&Itemid=302

Reply to Non-toxic baby-friendly grout haze removal in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock