Discuss Newbie seeks wet saw! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Amena

Hi Guys, I'm new to tiling, only been tiling a couple of years professionally but have been told by other trades that it's spot on. So far been using an old wickes wet saw but it's now well past it's useable life! Looking at an erbauer in screwfix for about £92, but it has just as many bad reviews as good. I'm usually a general builder but get given the fiddly jobs by the boys so don't want to spend more than £100 but want a decent one for the money as it seems these jobs keep coming my way! Have a porcelain floor to do next week and want something with a big bed as the wickes one was tricky with the 600x600 porcelain floor tiles I did one the last job! Can any one shine a light and recommend a half decent big bed wet saw?! Thank you in advance! ***

L

LM

Hello and welcome to the forum Amena.
You'll struggle to get a 'decent' wet saw that can easily cope with 600's for in and around £100.00.
Do you have an angle grinder?
A good wet saw for that kind of money is one of the following, but it's small.

Vitrex Power Pro 750 Wet Saw 110v 103421 | Buy Vitrex Wet Saws Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/vitrex-wet-saws/1769/vitrex-power-pro-750-wet-saw-110v-103421-

B

Blunt Tool

Hi Guys, I'm new to tiling, only been tiling a couple of years professionally but have been told by other trades that it's spot on. So far been using an old wickes wet saw but it's now well past it's useable life! Looking at an erbauer in screwfix for about £92, but it has just as many bad reviews as good. I'm usually a general builder but get given the fiddly jobs by the boys so don't want to spend more than £100 but want a decent one for the money as it seems these jobs keep coming my way! Have a porcelain floor to do next week and want something with a big bed as the wickes one was tricky with the 600x600 porcelain floor tiles I did one the last job! Can any one shine a light and recommend a half decent big bed wet saw?! Thank you in advance! ***
Have a look at the Vitrex pro 750 and put a decent porcelain blade in it nice big bed

B

Blunt Tool

Hello and welcome to the forum Amena.
You'll struggle to get a 'decent' wet saw that can easily cope with 600's for in and around £100.00.
Do you have an angle grinder?
A good wet saw for that kind of money is one of the following, but it's small.

Vitrex Power Pro 750 Wet Saw 110v 103421 | Buy Vitrex Wet Saws Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/vitrex-wet-saws/1769/vitrex-power-pro-750-wet-saw-110v-103421-
Hey puff puff wheeze

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Think I'm gonna have to bin my trusty plasplugs master tiler after this current job - done me 10 years though so doesn't owe me anything. Will get the Vitrex.

Reply to Newbie seeks wet saw! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks