Discuss Newbie looking for essential tool advice in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Marty80

TF
Reaction score
I’m Marty, I’m new and I’m looking for some tool advice.
I am just starting out and beginning to put a tool kit together, what would you guys recommend would be the essentials and which brands?
I want to buy quality so it lasts as plan to be doing this for a while.
Cheers guys
Marty

Marty80

TF
Reaction score
What have you bought already?

I have basic hand tools, I bought a set of trowels and float for grouting.
Got some Stabila levels 60cm 120cm and 180cm.
I need a mixer and cutter was thinking of getting a Rubi not sure of the model.
Possibly a laser of some kind.
Cheer guys
Marty

S

Spare Tool

Did they give you a list of tools you'll need on your course? ..which course was it you did?

Marty80

TF
Reaction score
I did the Able Skills beginner and advanced courses. I have read on here about some members struggling with Sigma cutters so thought a Rubi might be a better one to start with. Do you think a 360 laser is essential from the beginning or could I get by with the levels for now.
Cheers guys
Marty

Reply to Newbie looking for essential tool advice in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks