Discuss Newbie from colchester in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just saying hello
Recently joined after lurking here for dome time now
I’m a self employed kitchen/bathroom fitter, recently went Vat registered so supplying loads more of what I fit which is nice.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I supply from various places to be fair, city plumbing supplies, plumb city and sometimes a few online places if my customer has seen something in particular

W

Waluigi

I supply from various places to be fair, city plumbing supplies, plumb city and sometimes a few online places if my customer has seen something in particular

I meant which brands do you spec in your Bathroom work :)

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Ah, my bad
Depends on customers budget obviously
At present I seem to be using Mira for a lot of showering wares, especially keen on the platinum dual showers, doing another 4 of them in the next 6 weeks.
Used the Geberit stuff for a customer few months back, nice but boy was some of it expensive.

W

Waluigi

Is that the new furniture ranges? Yeah they are pretty good. Geb bought out Twyford recently and the prices instantly went up. Shame as the twyford Basin units were quite reasonable.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yes the new stuff, got a 2 bathrooms for a customer in November which is spec’ing a freestanding polished double ended cast iron bath. Not looking forward to that due to its cost and that fact it’s 160kg empty!

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hello Bopster,

They’re a friendly bunch here as long as your not a Plumber or multitrader.... oh.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Oh well, I’ll just have to give it my best and hope u don’t shoot me down to often.
If that fails I’ll just ignore u all lol

T

Time's Ran Out

Don’t ignore good advice - especially on tiling.
There is a great plumbers forum somewhere for those members who insist on showing shower heads and leaking pipes!

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I’ve always said everyday is a school day, so learning more is why I’m here. I have been in the kitchen trade full time since early 90’s and bathrooms the last 8 years but it’s only the last 6 years I took on all my own tiling.
I’m sure theres plenty on here with many more years of experience with a trowel with great advice, I’ll banter when needs be but stand my ground if it gets my back up

Reply to Newbie from colchester in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks