Discuss New wetroom floor required to replace existing leaking one. in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Boluwd

I have raised a thread in the Wetroomforum
Leaking 7 year old wetroom, Impey aquadec, Newbie Post! - https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/leaking-7-year-old-wetroom-impey-aquadec-newbie-post.84654/
The existing Impey Aquadec wet area is leaking onto support timbers and into a non tanked dry area. The dry area includes a Warmup UFH but has two layers of tile on top. It appears that the aquadec was not properly tanked using the RIW Tilesafe.
Unless you advise otherwise, The whole floor area needs ripping out back to joist, re boarded with new former, fully tanked and retiled. At least the first course of wall tiles will also need replacing to accommodate the "missing" tanking membrane.
Please refer to original post for photos. I am in the Harrogate area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Qwerty

Thanks for posting this job. I really do hole that one of our members can help you out

W

WetSaw

I hope you get the help you need. I would suggest however that you prepare yourself for a full strip out and refit. Nobody apart from the people who put it in knows what is lurking underneath.

B

Boluwd

I hope you get the help you need. I would suggest however that you prepare yourself for a full strip out and refit. Nobody apart from the people who put it in knows what is lurking underneath.
Thankyou. To be honest with you my preferred option is to do a complete strip down. Then we can get access to the damp timbers which can then be allowed to dry out and treated if necessary. I just hope someone trusted is available on this site who is near Harrogate.

Reply to New wetroom floor required to replace existing leaking one. in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks