Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss New to the forum, looking for advice..! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi everyone, I'm new to this so plz be gentle with me lol.
I've been tile for over 5years now and the time has come to buy a new bridge tile saw for the job I'm currently carrying out.
Looking for any advice on which saw is the best around just now.
Price wise I was looking at the Rubi DU-200-L

Cheers

O

Old Mod

Not yet still trying to do my research haha.
Any ideas on the best one? I'm using grade5 porcelain
Why a wet saw Jon?
Why not a grinder and decent blade?

If you're earning a living as a tiler, that sort of saw is really false investment.
You need to spend as much as you can afford in order to get something that's going to work when you need it to.
That particular wet saw isn't the best.
Be better off saving up a bit more and making an investment rather than just a purchase.
But that's only my opinion.
I know some would disagree.

OP
J
Reaction score
Why a wet saw Jon?
Why not a grinder and decent blade?

If you're earning a living as a tiler, that sort of saw is really false investment.
You need to spend as much as you can afford in order to get something that's going to work when you need it to.
That particular wet saw isn't the best.
Be better off saving up a bit more and making an investment rather than just a purchase.
But that's only my opinion.
I know some would disagree.
Thanks for your advice, I'm normally one for jumping in so I think I will just wait and save up a bit more!

I have a cordless grinder and a Rubi diamond blade which seems to be doing the trick.

I also recently purchased a Rubi TS 60 (another impulse buy) thinking it would cut the tiles but no joy...... any ideas if I should try a bigger scoring wheel? currently have a 6mm & 8mm

T

Time's Ran Out

Scribe the front of the tile and use a hammer to tap the back on the scribed line.

Reply to New to the forum, looking for advice..! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock