Discuss new tiler / help needed in wet cutter choice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Hoppy

TF
Reaction score
SO : what size is the dewalt with the trays
had different views on the ruby nd200 ?
anybody like the husqvarna ts230 ?
whats a good blade for porcelain and ceramic tiles ? ATS, DNA, MARCRIST ?
ANY HELP WITH THE PREVIOUS QUESTION REGARDING THE DEWALT AND BRIDGE SAWS CUTTING FROM ABOVE.

CHEERS ALL....

Reaction score
The dewalt when setup is quite big, don't know exact size as only use it on big jobs. it all breaks down into carryable pieces and doesn't take long at all to set up, the only downside to the dewalt is that it could do with a bigger slide table, you can only cut 600mm tiles comfortably, as I said before Vitrex pro with a quality blade will suffice, Husky's are expensive and don't have any experience with them, not yet anyway!!!

G

GoneGuy

I've got a Rubi nd200, only problem I had with it was the spacers on the motor shaft got bent and made the blade wobble, all sorted now and cutting lovely.
Which ever machine you go for make sure you have a decent blade and don't force the tile into it and you will have a nice cut every time.
Ps when I'm set up in customers house I use a plastic tray underneath to catch any water running off the machine

D

Dumbo

I had a rubi nd 200 and got an nd180 when the 200 was worn out both good cutters . The 180 was the proper one not the 180 bl .

Hoppy

TF
Reaction score
Thanks gents, what about a decent blade ? Dna, ats or marcrist, i know the cost differs but is the dna worth the wonga, cheers
Any husky users out their ?

B

Blunt Tool

If it's the Rubi nd200 as I've got, the Rubi CPC blade has cut everything with no chipping that I've put thru it

Reply to new tiler / help needed in wet cutter choice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks