Discuss New tile cutter chipping tiles. in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Morning all,

Recently purchased a norton clipper tt200em used it for the first time yesterday and it seemed to quiet badley chip every tile I cut. Is the supplied blade usually this bad? I was only cutting metro tiles. What would be the best blade to replace?
Cheers Dave

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Morning all,

Recently purchased a norton clipper tt200em used it for the first time yesterday and it seemed to quiet badley chip every tile I cut. Is the supplied blade usually this bad? I was only cutting metro tiles. What would be the best blade to replace?
Cheers Dave
I have the same machine and use a rubi cpc blade but the original blade some cut metros with no chipping maybe the blade isn't in proper?

T

Tile Shop

A metro tile with such a soft glaze will be susceptible to chipping on brand new blades.

Was the blade run in or dressed before cutting?

O

One Day

Its normally down to the spindle wobbling, rather than blade quality. Watch the blade as it slows after switching off, does it would excessively? If so, return the cutter and ask for one that's fit for purpose.
I Returned the same cutter and ctd swapped it no problem. I tried a couple and picked the least wobbly.

Reaction score
Its normally down to the spindle wobbling, rather than blade quality. Watch the blade as it slows after switching off, does it would excessively? If so, return the cutter and ask for one that's fit for purpose.
I Returned the same cutter and ctd swapped it no problem. I tried a couple and picked the least wobbly.

Cheers I'll give that a try tomorrow.

G

gary b

I also have the same machine (I think is great btw) and use the stock blade on metros with no issues

Reaction score
Is it the original norton blade? I have a clipper too and thought the original blade was good for ceramic. I replaced that with a marcrist CK850 that chipped anything that went near it, expensive mistake. I've got a continuous rim porcelain blade from ATS in it now that I like. Never noticed my blade wobble though

Reaction score
Is it the original norton blade? I have a clipper too and thought the original blade was good for ceramic. I replaced that with a marcrist CK850 that chipped anything that went near it, expensive mistake. I've got a continuous rim porcelain blade from ATS in it now that I like. Never noticed my blade wobble though
Yes was the original blade. I have spoken to the manufacturer and they have advised to " wear in the blade" as this may expose more of the diamonds. I have used it several times since and it does seem to have improved.

Reaction score
I also have a Norton Clipper TT200EM (with a bit of blade wobble). I am trying to get some spares for it (specifically the flange washer) but am having no success at all. Saint Gobain UK (the manufacturer/distributor) simply are not interested and put me onto CTD (a Saint-Gobain company). The local CTD (Milton Keynes) had not even heard of Norton and could not help. Mine is a brand new machine with a manufacturing fault that caused the flange washer to fail. I can find nothing on the web offering any UK support of any kind for this machine. Email messages to any saint-gobain address (e.g. the one listed in the Clipper hand-book) are bounced back as 'undeliverable'. A German website at least lists the spares for this machine, but postage is a minimum of 18 euros! How can a major manufacturing company offer no support for their products? I would not buy another Norton Clipper wet tile saw. It might be a great machine but, if it goes wrong, you are entirely on your own.

D

Dumbo

I also have a Norton Clipper TT200EM (with a bit of blade wobble). I am trying to get some spares for it (specifically the flange washer) but am having no success at all. Saint Gobain UK (the manufacturer/distributor) simply are not interested and put me onto CTD (a Saint-Gobain company). The local CTD (Milton Keynes) had not even heard of Norton and could not help. Mine is a brand new machine with a manufacturing fault that caused the flange washer to fail. I can find nothing on the web offering any UK support of any kind for this machine. Email messages to any saint-gobain address (e.g. the one listed in the Clipper hand-book) are bounced back as 'undeliverable'. A German website at least lists the spares for this machine, but postage is a minimum of 18 euros! How can a major manufacturing company offer no support for their products? I would not buy another Norton Clipper wet tile saw. It might be a great machine but, if it goes wrong, you are entirely on your own.
Agree with pdc . Your contract is with the company you purchased from not saint goblin. If they tell you to do anything tell them your contract is with them and nobody else so they should sort it .

Reaction score
Then it will be guaranteed so take it back to the shop you bought it from.
Thanks everyone for your replies
Sadly I bought my Norton Clipper from an eBay company, I think selling remaindered/bankrupt stock (yes, it was a tempting price!). I have tried talking with them but they are not inclined to help (and probably unable to do so). Ultimately, surely, this is the manufacturer's responsibility? They sent out a faulty machine. However, I have given up all hope of getting any joy here, so all I want is actually to buy some spares from more or less anywhere. Buying spares is a separate issue from any 'under warranty' problem. But it seems difficult just to buy spares in the UK for this machine. Any ideas anyone?

Reply to New tile cutter chipping tiles. in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks