Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss New member needs help with Porcelanosa in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom
OP
P

P993

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Yes. Problem is that they were delivered more than 7 days ago.

Can I ask, would anyone be prepared to give me an expert opinion that the tiles are not rectified?

Just as I’m going to contact my credit card company and will need evidence to support the fact that the tiles are not as described (ie. are not rectified).

Thx

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Measure the tiles. If they're not square they're not rectified, simple!
Beg to differ there. Had some from UAE rectified well out of square !! Social media is a good place to put things on. If I get a lot excuses my Mrs goes on their page and rants ! They usually sort the problem. An Email to the MD works as well.

OP
P

P993

Does rectified mean the edge is square (edge to top surface) or the corner (edge to edge) ? Or both ?

OP
P

P993

Thanks. Does that mean this picture proves they cannot be classified as rectified ?

Sorry to ask - just need to make sure I use the correct terminology.

12E5082E-6B11-4229-9D97-089C4398FA42.jpeg

OP
B

Blunt Tool

I used that exact tile a while ago for a large open plan kitchen/sun room and noticed same and reported back to customer. Gave me the go ahead to lay and once grouted looked fine!

OP
P

P993

I used that exact tile a while ago for a large open plan kitchen/sun room and noticed same and reported back to customer. Gave me the go ahead to lay and once grouted looked fine!

Really? I’m being told it definitely won’t look right and it will be difficult to lay without the tiles stepping.

Do you have any pictures of the finished floor ? How big was the grout join?

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Really? I’m being told it definitely won’t look right and it will be difficult to lay without the tiles stepping.

Do you have any pictures of the finished floor ? How big was the grout join?
Sorry no pics never thought to back then, 3mm spacer looked like a 4-5mm joint when grouted.

OP
B

Blunt Tool

First time I had ever used their https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and grout they supplied called Butech quite nice stuff to work with.

Reply to New member needs help with Porcelanosa in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock